Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another Featured Stamper and a Birthday...


I needed to make my cousin a birthday card for her 40th! Now she's not normally into the 'girly' types of cards so I thought I'd pull out the super cute 'Smells Like Cake' swanky set by The Cats Pajamas , then I thought I combine it with another Featured Stamper challenge over at SCS .
I chose this card by Flowergal36 to case. Changed the background from embossed to stamped, changed the image and sentiment and changed the colours.
I started with a blue bazzill base, matted with a dark pink/red bazzill and matted again with an apricot/yellow bazill. Then I put a white layer on the top stamped with the streamers from the TCP set in stazon and coloured them with markers (Brocade Blue, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive from SU these are still available singularly in Australia until Dec 14th! I really loved the way my 'DP' turned out!! The main image was stamped in black versacolour and clear embossed for a shiny finish and coloured in the same markers, adding Creamy Caramel for the cake base and a soft grey tombow pen for the surrounding shadow. The sentiment comes from the same set, stamped in black and cut out with my circle nestabilities and popped up at the corner. Finished off with some cute blue spotted grosgrain. I think this will appeal to her sense of humour!!!
That's all for today - I've come down with a bad headcold so I might go and lie down. Thanks so much for visiting!! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails