Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Neutral Birthday and RAKS!!!!

I know it has been a VERY long time since my last post and many thanks to my friends who have been emailing me to make sure I'm OK. My Mum came to visit for the week-end and I haven't seen her since Christmas. We also went to the Papercrafts Festival here in Brisbane. I was struggling with a cold but it wasn't too bad. Monday Mum went home again and we also celebrated my daughter's 2nd Birthday by taking the family to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Today my hubby went overseas and I woke up as sick as a dog!!!! I could barely talk at all. However I promised my neighbour that I would make a birthday card for her to give to her mother. All I was told was 'Neautral Colours'.......OK.....
I was inspired by this week's Weekend Sketch Challenge and set to work with a base of Very Vanilla. The three panels are my favourite papers by Kaisercraft - Cafe Culture, matted with Close to Cocoa.
The main panel comes from JustRite's Birthday Wishes Set that I stamped twice in Close to Cocoa. The first was cut out with circle nestabilites and matted with the scalloped circle nestie, the inner was punched with a 1 3/4in punch and popped up on foam tape. To finish I've added Kaisercraft Chino pearls to every second flourish in the sentiment panel, pearls to the top right corner and some dark cream satin ribbon across the bottom. Don't know if it's my best work, but it's nice to shake the cobwebs off and get creating again!!!
The next couple of cards are RAKS from my wonderful friends!!!! The first is from my BFF Edna who made this spectacular card to congratulate and celebrate my announcement on the JustRite DT!!!! Honestly, how cool is this card!!!! She is the queen of chipboard I'm telling you!!!! :) I had to blur the inside because of the personal message, but I really wanted to show off the inside!!!

The second amazing RAK comes from my wonderful cyber friend Michelle aka sf9erfan!!!
She made this GORGEOUS card for my Featured Stamper week on SCS and I'm telling you it looks even better IRL!!! See Michelle - the button didn't fall off!!!! :) She also popped in a pack of these super cute Aquamarine Kaisercraft rhinestones!!!!!
HUGE HUGS to both my friends for these wonderful gifts from the heart!!!!!
Well, I'm absolutely exhausted and still sick as a dog, so I'm heading to bed. Hope things are better in your part of the world!!!
Stamps - JustRite Birthday Wishes Set
Paper - Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Kaisercraft - Cafe Culture
Ink - Close to Cocoa
Accessories - Chino pearls (Kaisercraft), dark cream satin ribbon, circle nestabilities, 1 3/4 inch punch, foam tape.
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

10 comments:

ANAT S said...

I LOVE ALL THE CARDS
EACH ONE IS SPECIAL

LOVE THEM ALL

Danni said...

Your card is wonderful as are your RAK's!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I was so hoping that your entry here meant you were feeling better girl!! My prayers are with you!! Your b-day card is gorgeous!! Your neighbor will love it! Your RAK cards are beautiful too and so thoughtful!!
Get well girl!
hugs,
Chris

Connie M. said...

Your cards today are so wonderful, love those RAKs too!! Sounds like you had a great visit with your mother too!

pam124 said...

Kathy, I see I have competition for the "bestest friend"!!! What lovely RAK's you received girl. You deserve all this attention for your fantastic creations. Love this last card you made too. I know your neighbor will LOVE it. I left a comment on SCS. Get better soon my friend!!! pam

Leigh said...

Great cards Kathy. I wish I'd known you were going to the Scrapbooking and Papercraft Convention çause I went too, the whole three days. Loved every minute. We could have met up. Next time!

Judy Rozema said...

How marvelous!! Your neutral card is just so classy! And what a fantastic duo of RAKS!!

Anonymous said...

Just dropped by to read your blog after looking at some of your lovely cards over at SCS. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and with the husband gone too. Never fun when Mommy is sick and you still have to take care of little ones. Hang in there!

Michelle said...

Kathy, I hadn't seen you on the forum, so I stopped by to check. I figured you were busy with cardmaking (Yay!), but now I see all the other things that have kept you busy too. Miss you and am thinking of you. Hugs from AZ!

Judy said...

Hi Miss Kathy!! Hope your feeling better. I can not believe Lil Miss is two!!! Love all your cards, you are awesome!! Love the new look of your blog!! Was it an easy thing to do? Change your blog, that is!! :) Take care, we miss you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails