Saturday, August 27, 2011

WSC34 Baby Boy

Hello Everyone!!  Today's card is for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge!  Normally panels on angels freak me out a bit, but I do like this sketch and thought I'd play along - it's been far too long since the last time I joined in.  I needed to make a baby card and this super cute Bundle of Baby a la mode came to live at my place this week and thought it would be perfect to ink up for this sketch!  :)

I started with some dark aqua bazzill, layered with white (pierced), green bazzill and some DCWV Nana's Nursery DP.  I've then added some green satin ribbon down the side.  I've used the Spellbinders Mega Rectangles to cut a piece of DCWV DP and also a piece of white.  The white was embossed with the Stars EF and then matted with green cut with the matching scallop nestie.  The sentiment is from Bundle of Baby by MFT and has been stamped on white and cut with Labels 4 Nestabilities and adhered under the DP panel.  I've stamped the a la mode girl from Bundle of Baby in Memento Tuxedo Black on X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics (E000, E01, B32, B34, B37, G20, G21, Y21, Y35, Y38, YR00, E31, E33, E35, E37).  I've cut her out and popped her up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a bow to the ribbon and a couple of silver pearls to the DP panel.

Stamps - Bundle of Baby (MFT)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Aqua and Green Bazzill, White, DCWV Nana's Nursery DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Mega Large Rectangles and Mega Large Scalloped Rectangles, Labels 4 Nestabilities, Stars EF, Green Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Silver Pearls, Scissors, Foam Tape, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are Inspired to Stamp!!  :)

8 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

SO SO CUTE, Kathy! You need to play along more often!!!

Marisa said...

Better you than me doing this sketch LOL! I'm beginning to embrace skewed panels but when there are two I'm not a happy girl LOL! Well done with the sketch!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the plaid background and the fun image. The ribbon is gorgeous. What a fun sketch.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice to see you breaking out you new things so quickly! A great ALM, looks good atop the stars too, nice job with the sketch!

Gab said...

Very pretty card

Jessie said...

Great job with the sketch and your card is wonderful!

Grace said...

Oh I think you did a great job with the angled panels! Great baby card... and of course your coloring is fantastic! Hope all is well with you!!!!
hugs,
Grace

velta said...

You stepped out of your zone and did a fantastic job on this creation girl!! Your coloring is to be envied...as always...I think I say this every time I visit...but it is true...thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails