Saturday, October 8, 2011

JRC_060 Sketch Challenge!

Hello Everyone!!!  Today's challenge from JustRite Stampers is a SKETCH CHALLENGE!!!  WOOHOO!!!!  I love a good sketch to get the juices going!!  :)  You can find all the details for today's challenge on the JustRite Inspiration Blog!!  Here's the sketch if you want to get going straight away....
I've used the new CLEAR set by JustRite called O Christmas Tree for today's card.  You know you have to get cracking on those Christmas Cards when you walk into your nearest supermarket and all the Christmas Decorations are out already!!  :-0  I've stamped the tree, stump and star in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (Y21, Y35, Y38, E13, E15, E17, G20).  These shapes are really easy to cut with scissors and then I've glued them together.  The base is made of dark green bazzill, white and some Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather DP.  The next panel is more white and more DP from the same paper pad.  I've punched the bottom and scored from the points of the punched edge then wrapped some silver satin ribbon around it.  I've used Fancy Tags Two to cut out the decorative panel and popped the tree up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a bow and several clear rhinestones.
I've stamped the back with my name and blog addy with the My Blog, My Card stamper!!  I love this thing - it makes my life sooooooooo much easier!!!  :)

Stamps - O Christmas Tree (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Green Bazzill, White, Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Fancy Tags Two, Silver Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Fiskars Lacy Days of Summer Punch, Kaisercraft Silver Rhinestones, Foam Tape, Scissors.

That's all from me today, hope you play along with the JR Sketch Challenge this week - I'd love to see what you create!!!

6 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like the little Christmas Tree, and it looks great up above the fancy tag!

Marisa said...

Love the fancy tag behind the tree and the great DPs you used.

Thea said...

You made another beautiful card Kathy!

Have a nice weekend!
Hugs Thea

Karen L said...

It's been a while since I have visited. Love you Christmas card but it has reminded me that Christmas is approaching way too quickly and I haven't even started to think about getting ready. Have enjoyed going back and looking at some of your lovely work too. \

Gab said...

Great card - the tree is very cute

Cheryl said...

Love it! I just had to click on it for a close up of that tree...FABULOUS! It looks so good on that black die cut, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails