Monday, January 14, 2013

Stitched For You!

Hello Everyone!  It's the second Monday of the month and that means there is another Create With Me Monday on the Flourishes Blog!  For today's Copic Tutorial, I've used Flourishes' Stitched For You stamp set and show how I've coloured the yarn in the image.  You can find the Copic tutorial HERE.

For the card itself, I've used a base of aqua bazzill and layered with white and some MME Lavender DP.  Next I've taken a piece of white, punching the bottom with Deco Fan border punch and layered with another piece of Lavender DP.  The next panel is made of more aqua bazzill layered with more Lavender DP.  Over these panels I've attached some pink satin ribbon and topped with some gorgeous Ivory Satin Pleats Trim.  Over this I've added a couple of pieces of pink baker's twine and a button from Flourishes Candy Pink Light Buttons.  I've stamped the image from Stitched For You in Memento Tuxedo Black onto blending card and coloured with Copics (see Here for details) and cut it out with Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Classic Window Die.  I've matted it with pink bazzill cut with Spellbinders Marvellous Squares - what a perfect match!!!  *Happy Sigh*  I've popped the image up on foam tape and finished by adding a couple of buttons from the Candy Pink Light and Pistachio button collections.
Stamps - Stitched for You (Flourishes)
Paper - Blending Card, Aqua and Pink Bazzill, White, MME Lavender DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Classic Window Die, Spellbinders Marvellous Squares Die, Pink Satin Ribbon, May Arts Ivory Satin Pleats Trim, Pink Baker's Twine, Flourishes Buttons (Candy Pink, Pistachio), Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!

10 comments:

pam124 said...

What a beauty Kathy. I'm in love with your pierced spellbinder and your image colored to perfection. I love the array of yarn paired with a cup of java! Hugs!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Beautiful!Thank you for the tutorial...

KimCreate said...

So pretty! Your layers and diecuts are fabulous and so is the beautiful coloring on the fabby image!

Marisa said...

Lovely touch with the piercing around the focal die and your image is coloured wonderfully as always :)

Francie in Montreal said...

This is just sew pretty. Love it to bits.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Oh I've got the tea in front of me but not the yarn this time, because I writing. LOL. Love the card. It's a feel good kind of card on a cold day like it is nowl

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, love your card. Wondering if you would consider posting the copic colors you used? I would help us folks that are learning.

Cindi

Kathy Jones said...

Cindi, you can find the full Copic Colouring Tutorial on the Flourishes Blog - just click the link above! :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Didn't you used to knit once upon a time??

Gab said...

Just love that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails