Friday, May 10, 2013

Technique Journal

Hello Everyone!  It's the last day of the JustRite Papercraft May Release and today we are showcasing a couple of sets designed by our very own Becca Feeken!!  The set I've used is called Filigree Journal Covers and it also matches her Vintage Filigree Fancies and Vintage Alphabet Soup Background stamps beautifully!!
I'm in the process of creating my Copic Technique Journal, so this was the perfect set to decorate my cover!  The background was created by stamping the Floral Flourishes Background stamp in Versamark ink and clear embossing.  Next I took a non-stick mat (or wax paper will work too!) and added many drops of Copic Refill Ink over it (mostly RV52, but a little Y21 and G43 as well) and then spritz it with Colorless Blender Refill.  Then I swirled my embossed piece of paper over it.  I kept doing this until I was happy with the way it looked.  I've attached it to a piece of pink card and wrapped a couple of pieces of ribbon around it.  Next I stamped the frame from Filigree Journal Covers in Memento Rose Bud and the two sentiments in Tuxedo Black and fussy cut it.  I've matted this with a piece of white card cut to size and airbrushed with RV52 and then matted it again with pink card cut with Spellbinders' Marvelous Squares die and popped it up on X-press It Foam Tape.  The butterfly is from Butterfly Dreams and I've used my Copic Markers to colour directly onto the rubber, 'colouring' the piece of card with Colorless Blender and stamping onto the card.  The Colorless Blender reactivates the Copic ink on the stamp for a crisp stamped image.  I've done this twice in different colours.  (Make sure you clean your markers off if there is any ink transferred to your nib.)  I've cut the butterflies out and popped them up on foam tape and finished by adding some rhinestones to the corners.

Stamps - Filigree Journal Covers, Floral Flourishes Background, Butterfly Dreams (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Pink Cardstock
Ink - Memento Rose Bud, Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copic Markers, Copic Ink, Spellbinders Marvelous Squares Dies, White and Pink Ribbons, Rhinestones, Scissors, X-press It Foam Tape.

Don't miss all the fabulous creations the team have for you today, why not pop by and leave a little love!!  :)
JustRite InspirationBecca Feeken 
Sharon Harnist 
Kathy Jones 
Darsie BrunoMarisa Job
Eva DobilasBarb Schram

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!!

4 comments:

Katie Sims said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous!! I love the colors you used! I am trying to start a Copic portfolio myself, so I may have to do something like this too! Thanks for the great idea! :)

Jean Bullock said...

Love this. And wow, that's is great fussy cutting on the butterflies. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum, yum - LOVE the background - better check to see if this stamp is in my current collection!

Gab said...

So pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails