Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Crate of Apples

Hello Everyone!  Today over on the Copic Oz Blog, I have a tutorial all about WOOD!  For the details about how to colour this crate, pop on over to Copic Oz.  For all the other details, keep reading below!  :)

I started by stamping the crate of apples from Power Poppy's Farmers Market set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics.  I've then die cut a piece of Sticky Barc, placed the image inside the die cut and then attached it to a piece of red card.  I decided to give the corners a 'wood burned' effect by stamping the apples in Memento Rich Cocoa.  Around the other end, I've attached some May Arts Net and topped it with Ruffled Faux Suede.    I've then stamped the sentiment, also from Farmers Market in Memento Rich Cocoa onto Very Vanilla and die cut it with Spellbinders A2 Valiant Honor.  While still in the die, I've lightly airbrushed it with Copic E55 to age it a little.

I've then used some X-press It High Tac Foam Tape to adhere it to the ribbon.  I really like the High Tac Tape because it is stronger and adheres better to surfaces such as ribbons.  :)  You can tell it's High Tac because the writing inside the roll is red!  The standard Foam Tape is written in blue.  :)


I've attached the whole card front to a folded piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Stamps - Farmers Market (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Sticky Barc, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Large Oval Nestabilities and A2 Valiant Honor Dies, May Arts Net, Ruffled Faux Suede Ribbon, Copic Airbrush System, X-press It High Tac Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is so beautiful, Kathy! Wow! Love the wood frame and the burned look. Fabulous coloring of the apples and crate. Really love how you ground with the dots like gravel. Awesome!

Gab said...

What a great card ... your colouring is truly amazing

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummy and beautiful Kathy. I like the vintage sorta look with the mesh and die down the side.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails