Thursday, December 11, 2014

Camellia Notebook


Hello Everyone!!  How are you all surviving The Crazy Season?  December in Australia is the time for Christmas Parties, End of Year Parties - since our school year finishes at the beginning of December, and of course trying to get organised for Christmas Day with our families and friends.  With three children finishing school during these weeks, my life has been on the slightly insane side!  I'm part of a  Craft Group that is a gathering of school Mums who have talents in various areas - we all learn from each other and try different things - I've taught Copic colouring for example and one Mum (bless her), tried her best to teach me to crochet!  Last week was our final gathering of the year (or what we here in Australia call a Break Up Party - since we are breaking for the end of the year) and we were having a Secret Santa - the catch was it had to be something we made.  I decided to make a notebook.

I've taken a Spirax notebook and a piece of pretty patterned paper from my stash and punched along the edge with a spiral punch and glued down.  Next I took a piece of white and embossed it with Imperial M-Bossabilities folder - then decided it was too bright, so I toned it down by airbrushing it with Copic E51 - matted with Blushing Bride and wrapped a piece of ivory ribbon around it.  I've printed the Camellias image onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (G20, G21, G24, G28, RV000, RV52, RV55, R30, R81, R83, R85, R89).  I've cut this out with Spellbinders Labels 25 and matted it with Blushing Bride cut with Majestic Labels 25.  To finish I've decorated with pearls and ribbons

Stamps - Camellias (Power Poppy)
Ink - Printer
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Blushing Bride, MME DP
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Labels 25, Majestic Labels 25, Imperial MBossabilities Folder, Kaisercraft Chino Pearls, Ribbons

Thankfully the recipient really liked it!  :)  Are you making gifts this Christmas season?  I hope whatever you are doing that you are having fun and are inspired to stamp!  :)

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful, Kathy! One lucky lady in your crafty group is going to be very happy with this!

Gab said...

So pretty! I love the idea of a craft group with mums from school!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty journal, you know I adore altered things. Wonderful that you are trying to teach the other mom's extra crafting ideas. Crocheting... well I know how to make a potholder. hee hee

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful cover to a journal, Kathy! What a special gift this will make! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails