Sunday, August 28, 2016

Confirmation Day!


Hello Everyone!  If you've been following my blog over the last month you may have caught a couple of Confirmation cards that I have been making for the kids in our church --- well today is Confirmation Day and my son, Zachary, will be Confirmed along with seven other boys and girls from our church.  Although I did make Zac a card that will be given to him from the church along with the others, the one above is the one I've made for him from us.  :)  It is such a joy to see him take the sacraments and we are so proud of him! 

Now he normally prefers cards to be 'plain' - yes go on, roll your eyes because I did!  Plain!  Really?  Well I tried, it's probably a little bit OTT for him but I hope he likes how this turned out.

I've created layers of black and white (embossed with Cane Weave).  Then I made layers of black topped with strips of red topped with photocopied page from Corinthians which was then sponged with Antique Linen ink and then this layer popped up on X-press It High Tack Foam Tape on the embossed layer.  Around all these layers I've attached some cream mesh and some hessian ribbon (burlap ribbon).  Next I've stamped Cross of Nails by Our Daily Bread Designs in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics and then fussy cut.  The sentiment is from ODBD's Confirmation stamp set, stamped in Versafine black and then cut with Radiant Rectangles.  Under this is a piece of black cut using Majestic Labels 25 and a piece of Cherry Cobbler cut with Labels 25 and then popped this up on the mesh/ribbon layers.  Finally I've glued all of this to the front of a folded piece of Cherry Cobbler.


Inside I've added a piece of white card that I've stamped the door from Ask, Seek, Knock in Desert Sand and then the sentiment from the same set in Versafine black.  Why this you ask?  Well this is the verse that Zac has chosen as his Confirmation Verse and I thought it would be a nice touch to add it inside.  Interestingly, way back in 2009 when I had my very first month as a Guest Designer for Our Daily Bread Designs; Ask, Seek, Knock was the first set I was given to work with!  :)

Front
Stamps - Cross of Nails, Confirmation (ODBD)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Cherry Cobbler, Black, White, Photocopy of Bible Page
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Black, Antique Linen
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Labels 25, Majestic Labels 25, Radiant Rectangles, Mesh and Hessian Ribbon, Cane Weave Embossing Folder (ret), X-press It High Tack Foam Tape

Inside
Stamps - Ask, Seek, Knock (ODBD)
Paper - White
Ink - Memento Desert Sand, Versafine Black

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

2 comments:

Gab said...

That is just beautiful. Big congrats to Zac

Stacy Morgan said...

One of my favorite ODBD set. This cross rocks... awesome confirmation card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails