Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Happy 80th


Hello Everyone!  I recently had a request from a friend to make an 80th Birthday card for her father who was a horse lover.  I found myself in a bit of strife when I realised that I didn't actually own a horse stamp - I know right - all the stamps I have and no horses!  So I had a bit of a cheat on this one and found a horse image online and printed it in sepia tones as my image for the card.

The rest of the card is quite easy, a base of blue layered with cream (pierced around the edges) and topped with 2 pieces of Vintage Ephemera Collection paper.  Over the join I've attached some grosgrain ribbon.  I've taken the image, cut it with Circles Dies and matted with blue cut with Pierced Circles Dies.  I've cut some deep blue, cream and blue cut withe Pennant Flags Dies and popped the image up on foam tape over the top.  Next I've used Large Numbers Dies to cut some cream card and airbrushed it with Copic E84 will it was still in the dies.  The sentiment across the bottom is made using the Happy Birthday Script Die and I've finished with a couple of pewter pearls in the top corner.

Stamps - NONE!
Ink - Printer
Paper - Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, White, Blue, ODBD Vintage Ephemera Paper Collection
Accessories - ODBD Dies: Happy Birthday Script, Large Numbers, Circles, Pierced Circles, Pennant Flags; Grosgrain Ribbon, X-press It Foam Tape, Kaisercraft Pewter Pearls

I'm happy to say my friend loved her card and I hope her Dad did too!  That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Yay! You did it! Perfect for a horse-loving man.

Gab said...

What a great card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails