Saturday, June 29, 2019

Summer Berries


Hello Everyone!  Today Power Poppy has another sneak peek for you called Summer Berries!  This set has three images and an array of fabby sentiments!


I started by stamping the image from Summer Berries onto X-press It Blending Card and colouring it with Copics and pencils.  I was trying for something a little different - I think I over thought the bird!  Birds are a challenge for me, so I googled an Australian Red-Browed Finch as inspiration.  I thought it would be interesting with it's red face and green wings......I think I need more work!  In going with my 'let's try something different idea' - I've taken a stencil and blending brush and used Scattered Straw ink to create a bit of a background.  I don't know......what do you think??

 
I've created the rest of the card with a red base, layer of brown, some Maja Designs paper and die cut the curve of the front with a border die.  I've created the top by cutting some brown card with Scalloped Rectangles die and trimmed to size and topped with a red ribbon.  Finally I've stamped the sentiment from Summer Berries added some enamel dots.

Stamps - Summer Berries (Power Poppy)
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa, Catherine Pooler Icing on the Cake, Tim Holtz Scattered Straw
Paper - X-press It Blending card, Maja Designs Life in the Country Paper, Red, Brown
Accessories - Simply Dies Borders, Divinity Designs Scalloped Rectangles, Urban Artist Stencil, Blender Brush, Red Ribbon, Enamel Dots

Ready for some super sweet creations?  Check out these blogs and leave a little love!


That's all from me today, there's another day of sneak peeks tomorrow so I hope you join us then!  Thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

8 comments:

BeverlyBL said...

I think you did an excellent job on your bird, and card. I like your background and especially love the elegant design of your card. Gonna add that to my sketch book.

Stacy Morgan said...

Kathy I think its very pretty. The sponged design behind is great touch and that bird is very cool. Pretty girlie.

Leslie Miller said...

I love your bird! Honestly, Kathy, I'm bird challenged, too. I want a redo on mine! It's nice that this is sort of an "everybird" and can be colored lots of different ways. I think your coloring of this stamp is outstanding and I love the stenciling!

Lisa said...

I think it looks fabulous! The stenciled area was the first thing I noticed and then my eye went right to the beautiful image!

Gab said...

Really gorgeous card ... your bird looks amazing!

Barbara said...

I love your different take on this bird and how it looks on your design. It was the one that sold me on this stamp.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Awesome!!! Great card Kathy, love your colouring and that background is just made for this gorgeous image.
Thank you so much for sharing this.

Broni said...

Just beautiful! I've never seen a finch like that before! So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails