Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Magic of Christmas

Hello Everyone!  So who has been getting into the Christmas in July spirit??  I think we Aussies like it so that we can rug up in all the winter things and pretend that it's actually cold at Christmas time.  The harsh reality is that Christmas for us is in the middle of Summer and it's always boiling hot - it truly would be magical if by some miracle it was cold at Christmas time!!  :)  So today, while rugged up in three layers, socks and boots, I've made my Magic of Christmas card and tried to imagine what a white Christmas would be like!  :)

I've created my card using Riding Hood Red and layered with Very Vanilla and some December 25th DP.  The vertical panel is more RHR, punched on each side with the Iron Gate punch and layered with some more December 25th paper.  Over the top of this is some soft Gold Silk ribbon that came from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  The ornament, from JustRite Papercrafts' Noel Christmas Ornaments was originally stamped in Versamark on white card and embossed with gold then I airbrushed it with E51 Copic because I decided I needed the card to be cream!  Then I stamped the sentiment from the same set in Tuxedo Black in the middle.  It's been cut out and popped up on foam tape.  I thought the bottom looked a little bare, so I used one of the small decorative elements from Noel Christmas Ornaments and stamped it twice in Rich Cocoa across the bottom of the vertical panel.  To finish I've added a few Gold Rhinestones the the right hand side corners.

Stamps - Noel Christmas Ornaments (JustRite)
Paper - Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, White (then turned it cream), Kaisercraft December 25th DP
Ink - Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
Accessories - E51 Copic, Airbrush, Gold Silk Ribbon, Bow Easy, MS Iron Gate Border Punch, Gold Rhinestones, Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!  :)

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely paper and ornament shaped sentiment panel. The gold ribbon is delicious too!!

Gab said...

Just beautiful Kathy

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nothing like a good ornie... I like the flash bow with it!! No doubt the weather will make my 5AM rise in the morning painful, but I have to see the Opening Ceremony!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails