Friday, July 10, 2015

Garden Fireworks


Hello Everyone!!  It's Power Poppy Friday and today I've been playing with one of the new Power Poppy Digi images called Garden Fireworks and if you look at the original image, you'll see that I've cut off about half of it and then enlarged it into this beautiful feature image!  Sigh....it's just so pretty with the papery poppy, wonderful Alliums with their globes of flowers and a dash of catnip!  Although Alliums don't grow on my continent, they are very similar to Agapanthus which I have in my garden!

I've used a base of pink bazzill and layered with white cut with A2 Divine Eloquence and another piece of pink cut with Labels 28.  Around this I've attached a sheer white and pink satin ribbons.  I've downloaded the Garden Fireworks image, opened it up in Photoshop Elements and erased the parts that I didn't want to use.  I've then resized it to height I needed and printed it out on X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics (RV00, RV32, RV34, BV11, BV17, V01, V15, V17, V91, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG03, YG63, YG67, BG0000, BG000, BG11, BG13).  I've cut it out with Majestic Labels 25 and popped it up on foam tape as shown.  To finish I've added a bow and a couple of buttons.

Stamps - Garden Fireworks (Power Poppy)
Ink - Printer
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Pink Bazzill, White
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders A2 Divine Eloquence, Labels 28 and Majestic Labels 25, Sheer White and Pink Satin Ribbons, Bow Easy, Buttons, X-press It Foam Tape

Let's see what the other Bloomies have been up to today!

Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan


That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Kathy, this is GORGEOUS! I just love this image, and I love it cropped too in this beautiful "frame" for your card! I love the rich pink card stock and the beautiful dies with the ribbon and buttons. But your coloring is what makes this card pop!! You are amazing, my friend! I always admire (and thoroughly examine your coloring hoping to learn more). Thanks for sharing this beauty with us! Hugs!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a beauty Kathy!! LOVE the purple and pink combo with your delicate framing! And your coloring is exquisite!

Leslie Miller said...

Ummmm, WOW!!! Incredibly beautiful! It makes a person gasp for air! Love the image cropped to fit the rectangular shape, and your coloring and design are just exquisite! WOW again!

Gab said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours you chose

Househund said...

So So Pretty, beautiful stamping and the card has put together with such a pretty background
Wonderful
xxRosxx

Allison Cope said...

Oh wow... this is so pink and girly! Love the colours of your flowers on this one Kathy! Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails