Thursday, July 30, 2015

Well Played!


It's time for the August Power Poppy Release!!!  Yippeeeeee!!!  Yesterday some of the Bloomies sneak peeked Happy Crabapple, if you missed it, make sure you pop by the Power Poppy blog for all the links!!  Today's awesome set is perfect for the Tweens and Teens (or those just young at heart) called WELL PLAYED!!!  I have my own kids as well as nieces and nephews in this age bracket so I'm STOKED that this set is out now!  Now this set does lend itself more towards the females in this age group, however my eldest two are boys, so I've used the headphones to make it into a Rockin' Boys Card!



I've used a base of red, layered with black and cream and then used several scraps from my Kaisercraft Attitude paper pad to create the card front.  Next I took another piece of cream and airbrushed it with several matching colours and then randomly stamped images from Move the Soul in Rhubarb Stalk and Gray Flannel.  I've stamped the image from Well Played in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics (R24, R29, R59, C1, C3, C5) and then fussy cut it out.  I've attached the image to circles of cream and black.  I've also cut some black with Sprightly Sprockets and placed it under the vertical panel.  The sentiment was stamped, cut out with circle nestabilites, pierced with a paper piercer and then coloured the 'ROCK' with R24 Copic and popped it up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a couple of silver brads to the top corner.

Stamps - Well Played, Move the Soul (Power Poppy)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Red, Black, Cream, Kaisercraft Attitude DP
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets, Large and Small Circle Nestabilities, Paper Piercer, Silver Brads, X-press It Foam Tape

Now let's see what fabby and funky projects the Bloomies have for you!!
That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!

7 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

This is great Kathy! I love how the elements from Move the Soul work so well for background!

Barb said...

This is such a cool card! LOVE the colors you've used.

Gab said...

What a great card - I really like your design and the colours you used

Leslie Miller said...

Dang that's cute, Kathy! LOVE how you made this into the perfect card for a boy!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, this is a fabulous card, and I LOVE the headphones! Wow, you've colored and popped them beautifully! And what a great layout, and I really love the sprocket. And it sure is a great card for your nephew, and I can see lots of fun cards for us older "rockin" girls! Hehe! Beautifully done...hugs!

Katie Sims said...

WOW Kathy, you totally transformed this set to give it a masculine bent! Your color choices, the addition of the die cut sprocket, your perfect papers, and that awesome stamped background panel pull this whole card together to show case those rockin' headphones! You GO, girl! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK!!! Oh you did a guy card too... I LOVE it! How fun with the shabby splatters and your papers. Awesome guy card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails