Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Happy Birthday Brother


Hello Everyone!  Hopefully everyone caught the big Power Poppy Sale over the week-end when this Layer Cake digi image was only $2, if not it's now only a few dollars more at $5!  This is such a fun image and you can colour it up in so many different ways!  Perfect for males, females and kids - who doesn't love a birthday cake!?  This release came at a perfect time as today is my 'little' brother's birthday and I thought this would be awesome for his card (we all know how hard those MAN cards can be!).  Unlike the last time I coloured up this cake, I've gone with the Ombre style cake with the top layer the lightest shade of blue and slowly darkened to the the deep shade at the bottom.

I've used a base of Marina Mist and pierced all around the edge.  I've layered this with cream and some random DP from my stash.  Down one side I've added a notched tag of Marina Mist.  I've downloaded the Layer Cake digi image and then edited out the sentiment on the banner and replaced it with 'Happy Birthday Craig' in a fun font.  I've printed this out on X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics (B0000, B000, B00, B12, B14, B16, B18, B39, E50, E51, E40, E41, E42, E43, E23, E25, E27, C1, C0, YR30).  I've cut this out with Labels 29 die, attached to the middle of the card and finished with a couple of Enamel Dots.

Stamps - Layer Cake (Power Poppy)
Ink - Printer
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Marina Mist, Cream, Dotted DP
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Labels 29, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Enamel Dots

Happy Birthday Craig - hope you have an awesome day with your family and friends!  BIG HUGS!

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!!

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, this looks great as a masculine birthday card! And being a digi it's so easy to edit the sentiment. Very cool, Kathy!

ChristineCreations said...

Love this masculine twist in the cute cake Kathy! Love that you added the fun font on the banner....so great to personalize it!

Gab said...

That looks amazing - you have shown how versatile this fun image is!

Gina said...

Another great card Kathy! Please wish Craig a very happy birthday from all of us xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, I'm late to the party, Kathy! I saw this and didn't get to comment yet, but I LOVE it! What a great digi for a masculine birthday, and I love how you've personalized it. Genius! And what beautiful colors you've used, and the cake looks yummy!! Beautifully done, as always, my friend! Hugs, my sweet friend, and happy birthday to Craig!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails