Friday, January 20, 2017

Look Back Time!


Hello Everyone!!  Today we are having a look back at the Our Daily Bread Designs January Release and I have TWO projects for you!  The first is a 3D basket made with the TOTALLY ADORABLE Bountiful Basket Die Set and the new Paper Pad called Plum Pizzaz!!  Ooooooh I love this die, it is so much fun!!  The second is a project using His Timing stamp which you could use for cards, bible journaling or even bookmarks.

Because I have two projects I will try and keep it short and sweet!  I've made the basket base of white and layered with the Plum Pizzaz Paper Pad.  Glue all the bits today and construct!  For my big frilly flower, I've used Pretty Posies Dies, cutting the largest and smallest layers out of pink and the middle layer out of Plum Pizzaz to match the basket.  The centre is cut out of River Rock.  I've glued this together and shaped them to give some dimension.  I've then cut two leaves using Pretty Posies and two viney bits from Leaves and Branches out of green and attached it all as shown.

Stamps - NONE (gasp!)
Paper - Plum Pizzaz Collection, White, Pink, River Rock, Green
Ink - NONE
Accessories - ODBD Bountiful Basket Die, Pretty Posies Dies, Leaves and Branches Dies

http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/bountiful-basket-die.html 

http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/leaves-branches-dies.html

My next project is using His Timing.  When this stamp set arrived it was so perfect - I had just had a fall and broken my ankle, I was stressed (no income because I wasn't allowed back at work on crutches and as a casual staff member, no holiday or sick pay), my son was about to have his Primary School Graduation (I attended in a wheelchair), my Grandfather had just died and I was grieving, my Dad just had surgery, Christmas was coming (how on earth could I get the shopping done??) and I was IN PAIN.  Why???  Why did this happen and WHY NOW???  It took me a while to realise that I *had* to take time off and by forcing me to stop, I also had time to recharge and take more time to really spend more time with my family, who for once had to look after me, and the shopping, and the cleaning and the cooking and the ironing......well you get the idea.  Sometimes no matter how horrible things may seem, look for that silver lining, there is a reason for His Timing - even if you never find out.....

For the card I've used a base of cream and layered with River Rock and some Whimsical Wildflowers Collection paper.  Down one side I've added a dark ivory ribbon.  The His Timing image has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and I've added a little colour and then cut it into a rectangle and matted with soft purple bazzill.  I've used Bitty Blossoms Dies to create the leaves and flowers (I can't get enough of these dies!!), attached as shown and then added rhinestones to each centre.

http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/his-timing.html
http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/bitty-blossoms-die.html

I wonder what the other Breadsticks have been whipping up today?  Check out these blogs and find out!  :)
Cathy * Robin * Helen * Kathy * Angie * Julie 
Sabrina * Sandee * Lori * Dawn * Diana


That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails