Friday, July 20, 2018

Where there is Faith


Hello Everyone!!  Today we are having a look back at the July ODBD release!  I have this fabulous Walk By Faith Stamp/Die Duo and this amazing Tri-Fold Card complete with layers!!

My last attempt at the Tri-Fold had me using soft pastels so I decided to switch it up with bold yellow and oranges with a little kraft thrown in.  I guess I was thinking of my Grandma who I have recently traveled to visit, who loves these colours.  She's 96 and currently in respite as she recently put a fracture in one of her vertebrae (how many other 96yr olds would think they could push their scooter onto the path?????).  After several weeks in the hospital she has graduated to Respite Care, but I tell you she still has faith that if she works on her exercises she'll be able to go home to the retirement village.  And knowing my Grandma, I have no doubt she'll do just that!!

So what did I use for this card?  A base of kraft cut using the Tri-Fold Card die.  Then I used this fabulous Follow the Son Paper and cut them with the Tri-Fold Card Layers that come as part of the die set (how awesome is is to have the base AND the layers all in one die set!).  I also cut the word 'FAITH' from Walk By Faith Stamp/Die Duo with the same paper collection and glued into place.  I've stamped the two sentiments from Walk By Faith in brown ink, die cut with Pennant Flags Dies (lightly airbrushed with a little Y23 Copic) and trimmed each pennant to fit.  Finally I used the Asters and Leaves to cut the flowers and leaves, airbrushing a little YR21, E27 and YG93 for a little colour.

Stamps - Walk By Faith Stamp/Die Duo (ODBD)
Ink - Rich Cocoa
Paper - ODBD Follow the Son Paper Pad, Kraft, So Saffron, Old Olive
Accessories - ODBD Dies: Tri Fold Card and Layers, Asters and Leaves, Pennant Flags; Copics, Glue

You can check out all the ODBD inspiration at these locations:  the web pages, the ODBDGalleryFacebookPinterest and Instagram.

You can find all the links to other designers joining in today by going to the ODBD BLOG!

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

2 comments:

Gab said...

That is such a lovely card ... love that you made it by die cutting!

Helen Gullett said...

Kathy, I love this encouragement card. Very beautiful and the word speaks loud and clear. Thank you for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails