Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Time for Graduation!

Hello Everyone!  This month Divinity Designs is all about Fathers Day and GRADUATION!!  I was SO EXCITED to see Graduation products coming out for May because my first born will be graduating Grade 12 this year - although here in Australia that means in November, so I will have plenty of time to create a range of things to celebrate this big occasion!

So what new goodies am I using today?  There are two new stamp sets with a Graduation theme and I have The Future!  I'm also using the new Grad Dies and Weathered Wood Paper Collection!


I guess because I have a son graduating, I aimed for a more masculine themed Graduation Card. I've used the Vintage Label Flip Fold with Layers for the base using black card and cut the Weathered Wood paper with the Layers Dies.  I've stamped the sentiments from The Future in the top and bottom corners.  I've used the largest Vintage Label die from the same set to cut a piece of silver for the front.  Then used a piece of white card, the next sized Vintage Label Die from the same set and then the Double Pierced Vintage Labels Die to cut the middle to create the frame for the front and the cut out piece for the middle. I've cut black card using the Grad Dies for the words on the front and cap in the middle (the tassel is cut of silver).  The numbers are cut using Long and Lean Numbers and the Apostrophe from Long and Lean Letters.  I've stamped the inside sentiment from The Future and then finished with a few black rhinestones.

Stamps - The Future (DD)
Ink - Black
Paper - Divinity Designs Weathered Wood, Black, Silver, White
Accessories - Divinity Designs Dies: Long and Lean Numbers, Long and Lean Letters (apostrophe), Vintage Label Flip Fold with Layers, Grad, Double Pierced Vintage Labels; Black Rhinestones
For my second project, I've made a Gift Card Holder!  I've used the Gift Card Holder Die to cut black card for the base, topped with some red card and then cut the decorative white panel using the filigree panel also from Gift Card Holder Die Set.  I've cut the Cap using Grad Dies out of black and gold card.  Next I've stamped the sentiment from The Future in black onto white card, die cut with Pennant Flags Dies and matted with black card cut with Double Stitched Pennant Flags.  Perfect for the little gift for the new Graduate!

Stamps - The Future (DD)
Ink - Black
Paper - Black, Red, White, Gold
Accessories - Divinity Designs Die: Grad, Gift Card Holder, Pennant Flags, Double Stitched Pennant Flags

You can find even more inspiration at these locations the Blog, Webpages, Samples GalleryFacebookPinterest and Instagram. Thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

1 comment:

Gab said...

Beautiful cards Kathy. How do you feel about having a school leaver. My son is in Year 11 and he said something recently about finishing school next year ... I nearly cried when I heard him - it's just come around so quickly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails