Saturday, March 10, 2012

Butterfly Garden

Hello Everyone!!  Today's card is one that I was lucky enough to have published in Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft in December (Vol 17 No 12) as part of a trio of cards!  Since it is now March, I figured it would be OK to finally put it on my blog!  :)

I loved this set when it came out!  What could be prettier than a butterfly in a garden of flowers!  The base is constructed of Regal Rose, White, Kiwi Kiss and MME Hazel DP.  The middle panel is white (punched with Woodland Branch) and topped with more Hazel DP.  Across these layers I've added some white organdy ribbon, pink satin ribbon and honeydew twine.  I stamped the butterfly centre from Butterfly Garden in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copic Markers (BG0000, BG11, BG72, Y21, Y35, V01, V15, YG13, YG17, R81, R83, R85, YR21, YR24, E29, 0).
Next I stamped the border in Memento Rose Bud and cut it out into a ring using Large Circle Nestabilities and popped it up on X-press It Foam Tape.  I matted this panel with Regal Rose cut with the matching scallop circle nestabilities.  Finally I added a pearl flourish to the side, a pink bow topped with button and twine and white pearls to the corners.

Stamps - Butterfly Garden (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Regal Rose, White, Kiwi Kiss, MME Hazel DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rose Bud
Accessories - Copics, Lg Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, White Organdy Ribbon, Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Honeydew Twine, White Button, ZVA Pearl Flourish, MS Woodland Branch Punch, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, X-press It Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!  :)

7 comments:

Jessie said...

It's so pretty Kathy, I especially love the mixture of the ribbon and twine together!

Francie G. said...

A real beauty, Kathy!

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured and I love the punched vine border and touch of pearls.

Gab said...

What a beautiful card Kathy

Pauline said...

Congrats on having your card published. Beautiful card, love your colours and layout!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is so gorgeous Kathy! Love the butterfly and your beautiful colouring :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice job with the lovely butterfly card, in fact the set, perfect colour combo for these images too, woohoo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails