Saturday, March 31, 2012

SC378 Deep Sorrow

Hello Everyone!  Today I played along with this week's SCS Sketch Challenge.  I really loved this sketch - great design and lots of layers!! ;)  I was also able to play with some new toys and that's ALWAYS fun!!!  :)

I've used a base of aqua card (it's SU, but I have no idea what it's called sorry!), layered with Very Vanilla and another piece of aqua that has been stamped with JustRite's Chevron Stripe Background stamp in Versamark ink.  It's been a while since I've played with versamark, but I like the way it worked for this.  The middle panel is another piece of vanilla - stamped with the roses from With Sympathy in Celadon Versacolor Ink.  Across this is a darker piece of aqua bazzill, punched with Deco Fan and topped with white crochet lace (airbrushed with E53 Copic - because I don't have any ivory lace!).  The feature panel is vanilla stamped with the frame and sentiment from With Sympathy and then coloured with BG72 and BG75 and cut out with Nested Oval Medallion Dies.  I've framed this with dark aqua cut with Lacey Oval Nestabilities and popped it all up with X-press It High Tack Foam Tape.  To finish I've made a flower using vanilla and Bitty Blossoms Shapeabilities (new toy! I can see I'm going to use this A LOT!) and a bit of greenery using Foliage Shapeabilities.


Stamps - Chevron Stripe Background, With Sympathy (JustRite)
Paper - Aqua, Dark Aqua, Very Vanilla
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Celadon Versacolor
Accessories - Copics, Nested Oval Medallion Dies, Lacey Oval Nestabilities, Bitty Blossoms and Foliage Shapeabilities, May Arts Crochet Lace, MS Deco Fan Punch.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are Inspired to Stamp!!  :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card Kathy!

Leslie Miller said...

Love the chevron background! The Versamark worked amazingly well with it. A nice, subtle pattern. Lovely sympathy card.

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Kathy!

Marisa said...

Beautiful card, Kathy!! Love the way you framed the sentiment and the black just makes it pop! Darling flower too. Hope all is well with you ((hugs))

Francie (Montreal) said...

What a beautiful card! I particularly like the Versamark chevron background, the framed sentiment and itty bitty rose. Very sweet.

Gab said...

Just beautiful Kathy

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like the simple nature of this sentiment, and dare I say good colours for this type of card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails