Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy B-Day Bro!

Hello Everyone!!!  I'm pretty sure everyone knows how much I avoid making Man Cards, however, my little brother's birthday is one event I can't avoid!  It's colourful, but still fairly plain so I hope he likes it when I see him later today!!

An easy card with a base of Kiwi Kiss (I'd forgotten I had this in my stash until I went looking!) layered with white and a couple of pieces of October Afternoon Schoolhouse DP.  Over the join is a piece of white ribbon topped with dark blue star ribbon that I've had in my stash for ages!  The rosette and ribbon tails from You Are The Best have been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics (B32, B34, B37).  The rosette has been cut out using Blossom Three Nestabilities and I've hand cut the ribbon tails.  I've stamped the sentiment from the same set in the middle, once again colouring the "1" and then popped it all up on X-press It High Tack Foam Tape.  To finish I've added a couple of pewter pearls to the corners.

Stamps - You Are The Best (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Kiwi Kiss, October Afternoon Schoolhouse DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Blossom 3 Nestabilities, White Ribbon, Blue Star Ribbon, Pewter Pearls, X-press It High Tack Foam Tape, Scissors.

That's all for now, thanks for visiting and hope you are Inspired to Stamp!!  :)

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm sure he'll love it :) I've got a baby brother too and always enjoy making cards for him on his birthday.

Anonymous said...

I don't usually comment on anyone's blog but I must admit your cards are absolutely inspiring and just had to tell you that I look forward each night to seeing what you have created.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Thankful you don't have to choose between brother for this sentiment! HB Mr C, hope you had a great day!

Gab said...

Fantastic card Kathy. I'm sure he'll love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails