Friday, September 25, 2015

Hey Girl!


Hello Everyone!!  It's time for a little Power Poppy Friday!  I've been playing with Well Played for today's card........I wonder what the other girls have been creating with?  I have to say these are not my usual colours, but was influenced by a little 60's style and imagined something a bit funky that would be suitable for a teen girl. It's fun to change up your style don't you think?

I've used a base of orange and layered with white, pink and some Cherry Blossom DP.  I've added another couple of pieces of Cherry Blossom paper and then added some very bright orange ribbon and green ric rac.  I've stamped the image from Well Played in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics and then cut out with Labels 1 nestabilities.  I've matted this with black cut and embossed with Large Circle Nestabilites and popped it up on foam tape.  I've then stamped the music bubble in black, coloured with copics and fussy cut and attached as shown.  The sentiment has been stamped in Rose Bud and attached to the top corner.  To finish I've added a few enamel dots.

Stamps - Well Played (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Orange, Pink, White, Kaisercraft Cherry Blossom DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Rose Bud
Accessories - Copics, Labels 1 and Large Circle Nestabilities, Orange Ribbon, Ric Rac, Enamel Dots, X-press It Foam Tape

Let's see what the Bloomies have in store for you today!

Allison Cope
Cheryl Scrivens
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Tosha Leyendekker

The Power Poppy Blog


Before I go, I do have an important announcement for all those in Power Poppy Land! If you haven't taken part in this month's Power & Spark Challenge, now's your time! There are only six days left on this challenge and it too is somewhat holiday themed! Just show your spin on gift giving. Share a handmade creation that you plan to gift. Share a gift tag you've made. Or, show how you dress up a box thanks to a stamp or two or three! Then once you're done, click on over to THIS CHALLENGE POST and link up your creation on the linky! The winner will get a choice of a free or digital stamp set from the Power Poppy Shop! Woo hoo! Contest runs through September 30th at 8PM USA EST.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, this isn't your usual style, but you've really achieved a 60's look (and take it from me...a 60's girl...hehe!). Just love the funky colors and great layout...yes, it reminds me of playing our 45's on our record players (someday no one will know what that is). Great card for a teen-ager. I love it. Hugs!

Allison Cope said...

I'm likin' your groovy style there Kathy! I hope you enjoyed playing with this fun colour scheme. Your card is simply fabulous! Hugs from afar!

Gab said...

Just love that card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a totally cool and hip beauty Kathy!! I love the "rockin'" color palette with the girly colors and enamel dots!! Too...too...CUTE!!

ChristineCreations said...

Such great layers Kathy! I love your trims...it’s so fun and 60’s girly!

Leslie Miller said...

I love these colors. All colors, in fact. This is awesome for a teen girl, Kathy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails