Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Keep the Faith


Hello Everyone!!  I can't believe how long it's been since my last post - as my friend Julie would say - I've been running around with my hair on fire for the last couple of weeks!!  I've just finished a magazine feature - you'll see that in December, but that's all I can tell you right now.  :)  My boys are preparing for the cricket season (the sport, not the insect!), my eldest has tried out for Representative cricket, I'm helping with the running of the cricket club, my daughter has performed in two concerts, I spent all Saturday airbrushing tattoos for a school fete and then of course there is work and never ending housework, cooking and groceries!! I'm exhausted!  So today (my day off work), I had the joy to sit down and happily colour and create a card!  YAY!!!

Today I've used Happy Crabapple by Power Poppy (ooooh.....can I insert here that the latest issue of Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft has a Power Poppy card by my talented MUM on the cover!!!  WOOHOO!!  Way to go Mum!!).  Now, where was I??  Oh yes, I stamped the Happy Crabapple image in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (YG21, YG23, YG25, YG95, E81, E84, E87, RV000, RV52, RV55, R00, R11, R12, B0000, B000, B00).  I've cut this into a square, trimmed two of the corners and matted with pink card.  I've made the other panel out of Soft Sky, punching the bottom with a Fiskars border punch and topped with Apple Blossom Tilda DP and attached a piece of blue ribbon around it.  I've attached both these panels to the front of a folded square of Baked Brown Sugar card.  The sentiment was stamped and cut out with an oval punch and I've added a little blue copic around the edge and then accented with a couple of buttons.

Stamps - Happy Crabapple (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Pink, Soft Sky, Baked Brown Sugar, Tilda Apple Blossom DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Blue Ribbon, Buttons, X-press It Foam Tape

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

6 comments:

Kate Palmer said...

Beautiful Kathy!

Lynda Mellor aka Loopy Lynda said...

Good morning Kathy, just stunning!!!
You better slow down or you'll catch yourself
coming back :)
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy - wow! You are beyond one busy gal! I don't know how you do it all, but I sure am happy to see you were able to color up another beautiful card! I so love this image and love the soft colors, and what a great layout with the bit of DP, a border, and the soft pink matting. And the buttons and sentiment are perfect. Yes, I love this and will have to print this one again soon. Thanks for sharing it! Hugs!

Susan Lankford said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

This is gorgeous, Kathy! I'm glad I'm done with those hair on fire days, although I still seem to be pretty darn busy all the time. Reading about all your activities puts MY hair on fire!

Gab said...

Wow, you have been busy!
Such a pretty card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails