Friday, April 14, 2017

ODBD April Look Back!

Hello Everyone!  The Breadsticks are having a look back at the ODBD April Release and what a fun release it was!!  Lanterns, Roses and flowery stamps galore!!  For today's post I have two projects made, a lantern and a card!  I have to say I have really enjoyed creating these lanterns - today I have made a four sided lantern, although you can also make a five sided lantern too!

Start with the Luminous Lantern Die and cut four sides and base out of black cardstock and construct with a strong adhesive (I used X-press It High Tack Double Sided Tape).  Next came the rose and I've cut several pieces out of Cherry Cobbler card using the Rose Dies.  Lightly dampen and shape (I used an old foam mouse mat and a balling tool out of my cake making supplies!).  I've allowed the pieces to dry in the shape I wanted by placing them in an egg carton - they are easier to put together when the card is dry and simply glue and layer to get the effect you are happy with.  Cut the leaves using Rose Leaves Dies and attach them and the rose to the lantern.  I've stamped the sentiment from Lovely Flower in black and die cut with Pennant Flags Dies.  I looked at the bottom of the lantern and thought it needed a little something, but didn't want to use a ribbon as I had a ribbon to close the top - so I took the Lavish Layers Dies and cut a piece of red card with the largest die and then trimmed the edges to create a tiny border, cut to the length of the sides and glued into place!  I thought about it later, that this would also make a lovely gift box - imagine it filled with Easter Eggs for this week-end!

Stamps - Lovely Flower (ODBD)
Ink - Black
Paper - Black, Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, White
Accessories - ODBD Dies: Luminous Lantern, Rose Dies, Rose Leaves Dies, Pennant Flags Dies, Lavish Layers Dies, Red Ribbon, X-press It High Tack Double Sided Tape

My second project to day is a quick and easy card.  I've decided to go with a birthday card as I need to replenish my stash!!  I've used a base of Wisteria Wonder and layered with Soft Sky die cut with Double Stitched Rectangles Dies and topped with some Shabby Rose Collection paper.  Around this I've attached some silver ribbon.  Down one side I've added a panel of white topped with more Shabby Rose paper.  I've stamped the oval flower image from Lovely Flower in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics and then die cut with Fancy Fan Die.  I've then cut another fan shape out of plain white card and inverted it to create a decorative strip!  To finish I've added a bow to the ribbon and stamped the sentiment direct to the card front.

Stamps - Lovely Flower (ODBD)
Paper - ODBD Shabby Rose Collection, X-press It Blending Card, Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - ODBD Dies: Fancy Fan, Double Stitched Rectangles Dies, Copics, Silver Ribbon, Bow Easy

Want to see some gorgeous creations with this month's release???  Make sure you pop by these blogs and be inspired!
Dawn * Cathy * Lori * Helen * Kathy * Lisa 
Diana * Sandee * Julie * Sabrina * Robin


As you probably know, it is Good Friday today - a very holy day in the Christian calendar!  Here in Australia it is a Public Holiday and everything is closed, no shops are open or anything like that unlike some Public Holidays where the stores are still open.  It's like Christmas or ANZAC Day where almost everything comes to a stop.  I hope wherever you are in the world, that you have a chance to stop, reflect and celebrate Good Friday in whatever way is traditional in your homeland and prepare to celebrate Easter!

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

3 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

Kathy, your red and black box is beautiful and so elegant. Stunning roses. And the card is super sweet. Love the shabby rose colors and design. Thank you for the inspiration.

Gab said...

So beautiful - both projects!

Dawn said...

Beautiful samples, Kathy! Love the black/red combo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails