Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Yassine


Hello Everyone!!  Today I have another one of those dreaded MAN CARDS!  SIGH!  Men are so very difficult to create for, so thank goodness for stars and browns!!  :)

Last week, one of the loved members of our team at work had his final day.  It was actually very sad as he didn't want to leave.  You see, Yassine is a beautiful young man from Morocco and even though he has worked with the company for years and is a valued member of our team, the government has told him he has to leave and go home to Morocco.  There were tears and not just from me...  :(   Of course I had to make him a special good-bye card from everyone, which is why this is a long tall card - plenty of space for everyone to write something.

I used a base of Baked Brown Sugar and topped with Cherry Cobbler and some random star patterned paper from my stash.  Through the centre is a piece of Chocolate Chip topped with some spotty brown paper also from my stash.  Then came the fun of lots of pennant shaped pieces and star die cuts in browns and reds.  To personalise it, I've die cut the letters of his name with a font set by Spellbinders.  The sentiment is from From All Of Us by Clearly Besotted, stamped in Rich Cocoa and die cut with an oval die.  (I really like this set for a couple of reasons, 1. It has cute flowers in it and 2. It has lots of 'goodbye' type sentiments for all sorts of occasions, such as new job, retirement, sorry you are leaving and so on.)

I also decorated the inside stamping a coffee cup and beans in versamark (the beans go all around the edges) and the sentiment, from From All Of Us by Clearly Besotted, in Rich Cocoa.  (In case you are wondering about the coffee theme inside - I work at a Patisserie and we sell and drink a lot of coffee!)

Stamps - From All Of US (Clearly Besotted)
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa, Versamark
Paper - Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, DP
Accessories - Oval Dies, Star Dies, Scissors, X-press It Foam Tape

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

1 comment:

Gab said...

Beautiful card - I bet he loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails