Saturday, October 21, 2017

Glitter House Village


Hello Everyone!  Today Power Poppy have another new set for us to sneak peek!!  Today we have Glitter House Village - isn't it beautiful!!!  I was thinking of my mother as I made this card - she always loved images of rows of houses or shops!

I've stamped the house image, star and sentiment from Glitter House Village in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics.  I've then mostly sponged the sky with blue and purple inks and then added dots of Copic Opaque White to the sky for snow or stars.  I've never really done dark skies before, I can't say I'm particularly good at it yet - might need a little more practice! I've cut this to size, matted with silver card and then matted again with dark blue card cut with 5x7 Detailed Scallops Die.  I've used the same die to cut a base of white and glue to the back to create the card base.  Next I've added some silver cord and rhinestone centered punched snowflakes to accent.

Stamps - Glitter House Village (Power Poppy)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Silver, Blue, White
Accessories - Copics, Copic Opaque White, Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops, MS Snowflake Punch, Silver Cord, Clear Rhinestones

Don't miss more inspiration using this fabulous new set by popping by these blogs!!
That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

7 comments:

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness...what a truly lovely card. Cheers.

CherylQuilts said...

Kathy, this is GORGEOUS! What an exquisite Christmas village, and I LOVE your sky with the north star in it! It surely looks stunning to me, and I've never done a night sky either...but I'll be working on one with this stamp. I LOVE it, and what a beautiful touch to add the snowflake dies, silver cord, and rhinestones. The die you've used is perfect for a display, and I know someone special will love it each year! Totally love your card, sweet friend!! Hugs! xoxo

Nora Noll said...

What an amazing scene!!! LOVE the coloring and the addition of the snowflakes!!

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous night sky you've created behind your beautifully colored village! Love the scallops around the edge - so perfect!

Lisa said...

This is so sweet! I love your sky and you brought the village to life beautifully with your lovely coloring!

Gab said...

Wow - your village is just breathtaking! This release is going to be hard on my pocket!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow !! Your village is perfect and that light on the background is simply stunning !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails