Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You Mean The World

Hello Everyone!  Today the JustRite Team are showcasing one of their first truly masculine sets - You Are My Anchor!  I tell you, I was so excited to see this set, because let's face it, masculine cards are difficult, so this is going to make my life SO much easier!!  :)  I chose to use the globe image because I was just so darn excited to see Australia on there, I just *had* to use it!!!!  :)
Now men don't like frilly cards, so mine is trying to be strong and masculine!  :)  My base is Not Quite Navy, White and Chocolate Chip and then I've used some Kaisercraft Pack Your Bags DP.  Across the bottom I've added another panel of white, Chocolate Chip (punched with the EK Success Dotted Wave punch), some more Pack Your Bags DP and then added some Hemp Twine tied in a Sailors Knot.  My centre and border from You Are My Anchor has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (E21, YG93, B21, B23, 0).  I used Large Circle Nestabilies to cut it out and then used some Chocolate Chip cut with Fancy Tags 3 to frame it and popped it up on foam tape.  To finish I simply added a few silver pearls to the top corner.

Stamps - You Are My Anchor (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, White, Chocolate Chip, Kaisercraft Pack Your Bags DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Large Circle Nestabilities, Fancy Tags 3, EK Success Dotted Curve Punch, Hemp Twine, Silver Pearls, Foam Tape.

Don't miss all the AWESOME projects created by the JustRite Team today!!

JustRite Inspiration
Kathy Jones - you are here!
Becca Feeken
Stephanie Kraft
Mona Pendleton
Michele Kovack
Barb Schram
Heidi Blankenship
Angela Barkhouse
Kellie Fortin

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!  :)

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulously done. Love the sailor's knot :)

Danni said...

I agree with Marisa, love the knot!! Wonderful card!

Leigh said...

Oh nice Kathy. Great male set.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, this is a great guy set! I think I love it in an essential guy stamping gotta have it kinda way. The images and sentiments are perfect, and so is your card!

Auntie Em said...

Great card! I like the twine.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Marlena M. said...

Kathy, this is awesome! The DP is perfect. ;)

pam124 said...

I know what you mean Kathy. Those masculine cards get me every time. This stamp set is pure perfection to make a masculine card a little easier to put together like you have with your card. What a wonderful job. Take care my friend!

Gab said...

Wow what a great stamp set! And fantastic card. I really love how you stamped the compass design on the background

Edna Morrisedie said...

Yay to the little world stamp, great to see one of those from JR, and especially with the Australia in view!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails