Sunday, November 15, 2015

Headphones Birthday


Hello Everyone!!  This week I was once again faced with the dreaded MAN CARD - this time for my music obsessed husband!  I help me cope with the dreaded Man Card, I reached for what is fast becoming one of my most used sets - Well Played by Power Poppy!!  Although this set seems aimed at more female cards, I'm finding that is just as useful for male cards too and perfect for TEENS!!!  Don't know about everyone else, but male teens are proving just as difficult or even MORE SO than the Man Card!  I have a male teen and a male pre-teen, so this is something I have to get used to and quick!!  :)

So, for this card I've used a base of cream and layered with brown topping with some chevron Authentique DP.  I've added a strip of more cream and some DP from the same paper pad.  Peeking out from underneath is a notched tag stamped with a sentiment from Go Wild (a very useful set with lots of Birthday Sentiments!).  I've stamped the headphones from Well Played in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (B00, B12, B14, C1, C3, C5) and then fussy cut it with scissors.  I've attached this to a circle of cream and adhered as shown.  To finish I've added a few buttons.

Stamps - Well Played, Go Wild (Power Poppy)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Cream, Brown, Authentique Journey DP
Accessories - Copics, Circle Dies, Buttons, Glue, Scissors

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!!

3 comments:

Gab said...

What a fantastic card!! I'm going to have to look into that set!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, what a fabulous card!! Yes, the dreaded MAN CARD - haha!!! So glad I'm not alone in that dread!!! And yes, the TEENS are another challenge (our grandson turns 18 in August, and we bought a card - yes, head hanging in shame! LOL!). But you sure have made a beauty! And it's definitely masculine and very manly! I love it and love the DP and the buttons! And how cool that he is music obsessed...just love this set with the earphones. Fabulous job, my friend! I know he loved it! Hugs!

Cindy Groh said...

Great guy card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails