Friday, November 27, 2015

Let's Chill Baby!


Hello Everyone!  It's time to CHILL with a  special offering from Power Poppy called Let's Chill!  This is a digi set with a fabby snowman with his special birdie friend, a sentiment and a cool snowflake background to play with!  I mean, how much fun is this!!  You'll find even more inspiration with this set on the Power Poppy Blog today!!  Haven't played with digi stamps before??  Make sure you pop by THIS post at Power Poppy central - I have this bookmarked for frequent check ins as it is soooooooo useful! Trust me, they aren't as scary as they seem!  ;-)


Before I get started on the makings of my card.....if you love this little snow dude....he's ON SALE for ONLY ONE DOLLAR!!!  Yep, $1, but only until Monday!  Have another set on your wish list, well you can purchase any of the clear or digi sets for 20% OFF!!!  WOOHOOOOOO!!!!  You don't even need a code, all the prices are adjusted in the store!  The Sale is on until Monday, but don't wait too long and miss out on your favourite!  :)

So, the first thing I did was print out the bits and pieces from the digi set! I used the snowflake background from Let's Chill and changed it to a soft blue and then added the snowman over the top.  I coloured the snowman with Copics (B0000, B000, N1, R32, R35, G82, G85, YR20, YR12, E81, E84, E87, E21, E23).  I've then printed out the background without the snowman for the back panel.  I've also printed the sentiment and put it aside.  I've printed all these on X-press It Blending Card, it's prefect for colouring with Copics and will also go through the inkjet printer with ease.  To construct it all, I've used a base of Soft Sky and layered with River Rock (ret. I think?) and topped with the snowflake panel that I printed earlier.  I've cut the snowman image with Majestic Labels 25 and matted it with Soft Sky cut with the same die set and glued it to the front of the card.  The sentiment has been cut out with a small oval punch and popped up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a few silver sequins to add a little sparkle!

Stamps - Let's Chill (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Soft Sky, River Rock
Ink - Computer
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25, Oval Punch, Silver Sequins, X-press It Foam Tape

Want to see more chillin' goodness??   I know that there are some Bloomies and Instant Gardeners playing with this set today - you can find a list on the Power Poppy Blog!

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Kathy, I just love your little snowdude and how you've colored him. And I love how you've used the snowy background behind him and as DP! Sweet layout, and I always love this die array! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Love how you used the background, and with the beautiful die framing him -- wow! Looks so pretty with the sequins, too. Wish I could remember to use my sequins, sheesh!

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute Kathy! The frame is awesome and I like the sequins you added.

ChristineCreations said...

Love how all those snowflakes look! Such lovely framing too!

Debbie Olson said...

Kathy, he's fabulous--I love that scarf especially!

Gab said...

Just adorable!

Barb said...

Your card is lovely, Kathy! That die is the perfect frame for your beautifully colored snowman. I like how you used the snowflake digi, too. GREAT idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails