Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Camellias for Anna


Hello Everyone!  If you've been following my recent posts, you'll know that over the last couple of weeks I've been making gifts for our kids' teachers!  I can't believe another school year is over and Christmas is nearly here!!!  Each year I make altered notebooks for the teachers, find out their favourite colours and try and make something that I think would suit their personality - I figure at least they won't get another one like it! ;-)  Today's altered notebook was for my daughter's Grade 2 teacher who likes blue and green!  Anna is also talented in art and does some amazing work and did the coolest cartoon picture of her class this year incorporating their nicknames!  My daughter was nicknamed 'Rapunzel' - and yes, she has very long, blonde hair!  :)

I use hardcover Spirax notebooks - this makes them easy to cover and I have a Spiral punch (by Stampin' Up, but I'm not sure if they still exist???) to punch the sides of the paper which fits beautifully around the coils.  I've covered this one with Kaisercraft paper and added a panel of Soft Sky cut with Grand Labels 23 (do the Grand Dies still exist?  Not sure?).  Next I've added a panel of blue punching the bottom with a border punch and topping with the reverse of the DP and wrapping a ribbon around it.  Next are layers of white and Soft Sky cut with Tranquil Moments.  I've stamped the image from Power Poppy's Simply Camellias in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (RV00, RV52, RV55, RV66, Y00, Y11, Y15, Y17, G40, G43, G46, B0000, B000, B00) and cut it out with an Oval Die.  To finish I've accented with a couple of rhinestones and a bow and cut the letters of her name out with Font One - Uppercase.


The card has been made with a base of white, topped with Soft Sky cut with Tranquil Moments.  Next is a piece of white cut with an oval die, topped with more Soft Sky cut with Tranquil Moments.  This image, although it looks like the one I used above, is actually the digi version called Camellias, that I've printed a bit smaller onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics like the one above and cut with an oval die.  To finish I've just added a bow.

For the bag, I've used the single camellia image from Simply Camellias and randomly stamped it in blue ink all over the bag and finished with a raffia bow.

Stamps - Simply Camelias, Camellias (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Kaisercraft DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Printer
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Petite Ovals (ret), Font One Uppercase and Tranquil Moments Dies, MS Border Punch, Clear Rhinestones, Blue Ribbon, Bow Easy

Not only did Anna love her gift, I was so surprised to get an email from her the week-end after school finished to thank me again for it!!  Such a sweet lady!!  :)  I'm just happy she liked it!  :)

Well, thanks for hanging in there all the way to the end!  That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

3 comments:

Gab said...

That might be my favourite one yet! Your kids teachers are so lucky!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, what an amazing and precious gift set for Miss Anna, your daughter's teacher. This is so beautiful, and I love the gift bag, the amazing notebook/journal with her name, and the stunning card! Your coloring is always so beautiful, and I know Miss Anna loved this. What a wonderful gift of yourself and to your kids it is in making these lovely gifts for their teachers. It teaches your kids so much. Sweet friend, I wish you a blessed and happy new year. Sending hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, I am so behind in commenting but just had to visit. I totally loved seeing this beautiful gift set for one of your kids' teachers! Wow, it's stunning! I love the bag, the beautiful notebook that she can use as a journal or whatever, and your card is gorgeous! I so love your coloring of these beautiful camellias! I love how you've colored two branches of flowers and how beautiful the dies are with such a gorgeous bow! I'm sure she was totally wowed by this gift! Hugs, sweet friend, and I hope you enjoy the time off with your kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails