Monday, December 14, 2015

Teacher Gifts for End of Year


WHEW - I survived the end of the school year!  I'm sure everyone who has or had school aged children will understand the craziness that it the end of the school year.  Here in Australia it usually falls in the second week of December which of course is also the lead up to Christmas and all the associated parties and so forth and for us, our eldest son also had a week long representative cricket carnival at the same time.  Talk about chaos!  I always feel like I'm clawing my way through to the last day of school!  To add to the craziness I make covered journal/notebooks with matching cards for the teachers.  Now I do this EVERY YEAR, so you would think that I would start earlier in the year, but nooooooooo.... I'm always madly finishing it during the chaos.  One year I will learn!

Today I'm showing you a set I made for my son's Grade 5 teacher, who is a lovely and super organised lady and if there is anyone who would use a notebook it is her!  :)  I'm happy to say she absolutely loved it!  :)

For the card, I made the blue base out of 5x7 Detailed Scallops and layered with white cut with Labels 40 Nestabilities and layered with blue cut with Labels 40 Decorative Elements.  Around this I've attached some purple ribbon.  I've stamped the lilacs from Lilac Time in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (V01, V15, V17, YG03,YG93, YG95, YG97, R24, R29, B0000, B000, B21) and then attached to the front.  I've then cut some purple card wtih Splendid Circles and topped with white cut with circle dies.  The letter is for 'Linda' not lilac, and cut with Spellbinders Font One - Upper and the whole panel popped up on foam tape.


For the journal, I've covered the front with FabScraps Shabby Chic paper and added a panel of purple topped with white (embossed).  Next I've added a strip of purple punched with a border punch, topped with the reverse of the paper and wrapped a purple ribbon around it.  I've created the centre piece by following the steps listed above for the card, once again using Power Poppy's Lilac Time for the feature image.

Did you notice that I stamped the lilac image all over the bag in a blue ink?  I've used the same stamp to create custom packaging and finished off with a raffia bow!

Stamps - Lilac Time (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Blue, Purple, White, FabScraps Shabby Chic DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops, Labels 40 and Labels 40 Decorative Elements, Oval Dies, Font One - Uppercase, Circle and Stately Circle Dies, MS Border Punch, Purple Ribbon, X-press It Foam Tape

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading the whole, very long post! Hope your life is not as crazy as mine and hope today's post has you inspired to stamp!  :)

4 comments:

BJ Searcy said...

The set is breathtaking! You get an A+.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Pure gorgeousness, Kathy! Stamps and dies and your awesome coloring and all matched up with the pretty gift bag... Those dies are super pretty. I'm not surprised she loved it. Such a beautiful gift that any woman would love. I'm so happy for you that you've got this behind you now. Onward to Christmas!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, you are a precious mom to make the beautiful gifts for your children's teachers, and I'm so happy (and not surprised) to hear that she loved this gorgeous gift! I love he card and the sweet journal, and even the bag is just lovely! Yes, as Leslie said, onward to Christmas. This is a hard time to finish school with Christmas right afterward. But I know you are amazing and will make Christmas a beautiful one for many and, most of all, for your precious family! Hugs, sweet friend!

Gab said...

Just beautiful Kathy!
I made biscuits for my son's teachers this year .... high school was way too many teachers to make each one something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails