Monday, December 7, 2015

Thank You Fireworks


Hello Everyone!  A little while ago I had a post showing a covered notebook that I made for my son's teacher.....well today I'm showing the card that I made to go with it!  Designed to match yet not be an exact replica.  :)  If you missed that post (and the latest Power and Spark Challenge!) you can find that HERE!!

I've used a base of Blushing Bride topped with white and some random DP from my stash.  I've stamped the sentiment from So Grateful in Versafine Black in the bottom corner.  I like that this is a pretty and small script that fits nicely across the bottom!  :)  Across the middle I've used another panel of white topped with the reverse side of the DP.  Next is a piece of Blushing Bride cut with Majestic Labels 25 and attached to the middle.  Over all these layers is a piece of pink ribbon.  Next I've printed the Garden Fireworks image  (I've made it the size that fits nicely in the oval I wanted to use!) onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics (RV00, RV32, RV34, YG11, YG13, YG17, G82, G85, G94, V000, V12, V17, V91, C2, B63, B66, BG0000, BG000) and then popped it up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a bow and rhinestones to the corners.

Stamps - Garden Fireworks, So Grateful (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Blushing Bride, White, DP
Ink - Printer, Versafine Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Oval and Majestic Labels 25, Pink Ribbon, Bow Easy, X-press It High Tack Foam Tape, Clear Rhinestones

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!!Love your stamp!!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, this is one of my favorite images, and I just love the color scheme you've used - and your coloring is exquisite! What a lovely card to accompany the beautiful journal you've shared with us. It will be dearly loved! Stunning, sweet friend! Hugs!

Gab said...

That is so pretty

Leslie Miller said...

This card and notebook made another gorgeous set. Bet those teachers are all abuzz about your notebooks and cards. You do the most beautiful coloring of this image.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails