Hello Everyone! It's Power Poppy Friday and this month is a Power and Spark Rewind!! What does that mean?? You can choose ANY of the challenges this year to play along, just find the one that gets your mojo moving and join the fun! Want a quick list to choose from? Check out the list below.....
- The Sky's the Limit (Use sky colors – sunsets, blue sky, gray sky, any color found in the sky.)
- Go for the Gold (Use gold in any way – color, embellishments, embossing.)
- Pop of Pastel (Use soft pastel colors.)
- Cut it Out (Fussy cut all or part of your image.)
- Pencil Me In (Color with pencils, including watercolor pencils.)
- Hang Some Paper (Use at least three different patterns or colors of designer paper.)
- Shabby & Chic (Soft, feminine, romantic, the appearance of age and wear.)
- Gifts from the Heart (Gifts or gift packaging, tags, etc.)
- Bits & Pieces (Use just a portion of an image. Stamp off the edge or cut it out, etc.)
- Embellish This (Use embellishments)
If you have been a follower of my blog for a while, you may have noticed that time time of year I start making covered journals and notebooks. Unlike my friends in the Northern Hemisphere, the end of the school year for Aussie kids is December - usually two weeks before Christmas! As you can imagine, this is a crazy and chaotic time for me with three school aged children! Soooooooo.....I chose to rewind to the Gifts from the Heart Challenge and made a notebook.......which was actually handed over to a teacher TODAY! (I was relieved to hear she loved it!)
I use a Spirax hard cover, spiral bound notebook. I prefer the hard cover, it makes them easier to cover and the spiral binding matches well with my spiral punch. I've covered the notebook with some pretty and fun paper (thinking of the recipient) and punched the side with a spiral punch. I've then attached the paper to the cover with X-press It High Tack Tape to secure it in place. I've then added a panel of white topped with the reverse print from the DP and attached a piece of pink ribbon. I've printed out the image (actually part of the image since I cropped it in photoshop) from Garden Fireworks on X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics and cut it out with Majestic Labels 25 and glued in place. I've cut two circles of card and attached the die cut 'B' in the centre and attached as shown. To finish I've added a couple of rhinestone to the corner.
Stamps - Garden Fireworks (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, White, Pool Party, Random DP from the stash
Ink - Printer
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25, Circle Dies, Font One Upper Case Alphabet, Pink Ribbon, Clear Rhinestones, X-press It High Tack Tape
There's lots of fun to be had today with such a broad range of challenges to choose from, check out what the team has to inspire you!!
That's all from me today, hope you play along with us and are inspired to stamp! :)