Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Featured Stamper - BEATE!!

Today's card is for this week's Featured Stamper Challenge who is none other than the amazingly talented BEATE !!! I visit Beate's blog pretty much every day and love her eye for layouts and combining colours and embellishments. I think I'll probably do a couple of challenge cards this week! :) To start with I chose her Rusty Thanks card to case. I have modified the layout a bit because her's was a square and I was using a rectangle. I've changed the image and sentiment and papers, but tried to use her style of piercing edges and how she does those cool brad things with the paper circles under them and the chocolate ribbon.

I started with a base of dark green bazzill, layered with Chocolate Chip and cream card and topped with some paper by Heidi Grace. (I was trying to go with 'earthy' colours which are not normally my thing.) The larger panel is some more Heidi Grace paper, matted with the same dark green. The image panel has been stamped with the soon to be released 'Bloom Away' by Stampin Up! designed especially for the Australian market!! Isn't it just GORGEOUS!!! I stamped it in Chocolate Chip and coloured it with Always Artichoke, Rose Red and Close to Cocoa. The gum blossoms and gum nuts have been coloured again, cut out and popped up on foam tape. I cut the panels with the square nestabilities - as you know, available through my friends at ABSA . The sentiment is from SU's Upsy Daisy and stamped in Always Artichoke on cream and cut out with the Spellbinders 'Ribbon Tags Trio' (also available through ABSA) and tied on with some chocolate grosgrain ribbon. I finished off by adding three copper brads on top of three 1/4in punched circles to the top corner.

That's all for now, thanks for visiting!!! :)

2 comments:

Renee said...

Love your take on Beate's card...gorgeous!

Leigh said...

I love it!!! When I saw this stamp set, I had to have it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails