Friday, March 27, 2009

SC221 - With Sympathy

Today's card is for this week's Sketch Challenge over on SCS . I'm a little late getting it done, just this week has been so busy with the kids! We had excitement here last night, my eldest child lost his very first tooth!!!

I needed to make a Sympathy card, so I went with these beautiful Cafe Culture papers by Kaisercraft. I know I seem to be using brown a lot lately reminds me of a well known book that says....."Brown is warm. I miss brown. Everything that is supposed to be brown - tree trunks, rocks, dirt - is all covered in squashy green stuff here." :) I'm sure a lot of you know where that comes from!

I started with a base of cream, layered with Close to Cocoa and some dotted Kaisercraft paper - Cafe Culture. The large rectangular panel is Close to Cocoa layered with more Kaisercraft paper. The diamond panel is Chocolate Chip layered with cream and I pierced all the corners (and then covered most of them up *rolls eyes*) and over the bottom corner added some sheer brown ribbon and made a flat bow and putting a prima flower and Kaiser Chino pearl in the centre. The sentiment panel has been stamped using the retired SU 'Brighter Tomorrow' set in Close to Cocoa, matted on C to C card and pierced the edges. Finished off by adding some more chino pearls in the corners.

Can you believe it - a card with NO Nestabilities!!! I was a bit apprehensive when making this, but I think it turned out OK in the end.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

5 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely Beautiful Kathy!!! What an elegant sympathy card!!

Renee said...

Kathy this is so beautiful!! What a great sympathy card :)

Unknown said...

Kathy, you think it turned out okay? Of course.... it is beautiful I wish you would join my blog group. Your stuff is beautiful! Let me know if you are interested.

Leigh said...

Of course this card is OK. Beautiful sympathy card.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails