Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Featured Stamper - Kelly H!!

Due to chaos at home and my mojo having a complete melt down, I haven't had a chance to do this week's featured stamper challenge until today! The honour this week goes to Kelly H who has a HUGE gallery!!! It took me forever to figure out which card to case this week. Finally I decided on this card but I just couldn't bring myself to use Yo-yo yellow!!! Due to the mojo meltdown I went with a clean and simple look and I seem to be a bit stuck on the asian theme as well!!
I started with a base of white and layered with black and some SU 'Ginger Blossom' paper which is still available here in Australia until March 31st! I stamped the branch from Artfully Asian (which is on the retire list for anyone still wanting it) in black on white and embossed it. Then I coloured it with markers (cameo coral and old olive) and added the sentiment from Pocket Silhouettes. At first I wasn't going to use that MS butterfly......but I really couldn't help myself!! LOL!!! I added some black pearls for the body. Then I added some black and white brads by Kaiser to the side and finished off with some black satin ribbon.
Here's hoping this will jump start the mojo again!!! That's all for today, thanks for visiting!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an elegant card Kathy. Such a striking color combo and that popped up butterfly adds the perfect touch!

Leigh said...

I hope you find you mojo Kathy. I like the card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails