Thursday, February 24, 2011

Butterfly Garden Thank You!

Hello Everyone and welcome to the release for JustRite Stampers new Heart to Heart set!!!  This set has four wide decorative borders and four sentiments to go in the middle - although you could use many of the JustRite sentiments inside these beautiful frames!!  :)

This set can be used for all sorts of occasions and I chose to make my card a Thank You card because you can never have too many of these stashed away ready at a moment's notice!!  :)

I created the base of Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White and Kaisercraft Devonshire Tea DP.  Across the middle I added another piece of Chocolate that has been punched with the Iron Gate punch, topped with more Devonshire Tea and than added some organdy ribbon.  The feature panel has been made by stamping the sentiment and frame from Heart to Heart twice - once in Memento Bamboo Leaves and once in Memento Tuxedo Black.  The green one was then cut out with Large Oval Nestabilities, matted with chocolate cut with Small Oval Nestabilities and matted again with olive cut with Beaded Oval Nestabilities - all cut at the same time with my fabulous Grand Calibur!!!  I then turned to my black stamped image and coloured the butterflies with Copics (YR12, YR18 - found in the Orange Quad), cut them all out and popped them up on foam tape so they look like they are flying in a garden!  I also cut out the sentiment and popped it up on foam tape too.  To finish I added a bow to the ribbon and topped it with a button and then added some Chocolate pearls to the corners.

Stamps - Heart to Heart (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White, Kaisercraft Devonshire Tea DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories - Copics, Large Oval, Small Oval and Beaded Oval Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Iron Gate Punch, Button, Gold Cord, Kaisercraft Chocolate Pearls, Foam Tape, Scissors.

I almost forgot - this card is perfect for this week's Flutterby Challenge to use butterflies, fairies or angels on your card!!  :)

Don't miss the other beautiful projects today - you can find the list on the JustRite Inspiration Blog!!!  That's all from me today - hope you've been inspired to stamp!!  :)

21 comments:

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

How Fun:) Really cool card. Great job mixing patterns.

Marisa said...

Love all those popped up butterflies. I am SO ready for spring!! Fabulous card as always :)

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful colors and coordinating DP! love the popped up butterflies on this!

Sharon Harnist said...

This is gorgeous, Kathy -- I love the colors of the papers and the beaded oval nesties! Can't believe you cut out all those butterflies -- they are beautiful!

Danni said...

Butterflies!! You know I {heart} this!! Gorgeous!

Leigh said...

Pretty card, just love it. Also like that set too.

Heather Rogers said...

Katy, this is beautiful. Love the fun bright colors and sweet little butterflies. :)
Hugs~

jjcreations said...

Stunningly gorgeous card - Beautiful.

Kerrie said...

Just stunning... you must have a steady hand to cut out all those butterflies!

Jean McKenzie said...

Beautiful Kathy! I really do like this set so think it will go on the never ending wish list! Love how you have popped those pretty little butterflies!

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Kathy! Love the work you've done with those tiny tiny butterflies :)

Sharon x

Judy I, St. Louis MO USA said...

Your card is beautiful. Those butterflies are awesome! What patience you have to cut them out.

Colleen said...

Beautiful card and like them little butterflies
ColleenB.

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful Set Kathy! So delicate I love it and the card you made to showcase it!
Those tiny butterflies what a labour of love to cut them by hand!!!! Just Beautiful!

Danni said...

Back again to say thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

velta said...

This is amazing girl! I love the colors and your DP is just the perfect match...Thank you for sharing :)

Gab said...

So pretty. I really like how you used the MS border punch

Michelle VP said...

How lovely! I love all the dimension your butterflies have. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Flutterby Wednesday this week.

Beate said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe you popped up those butterflies. It looks incredible.
Hugs and smiles

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love the new JR Frames, nice to see you have caught the pop-up bug, the butterflies look FABBO!

Michelle said...

WOW what a fabulous card! Love the butterflies and how you popped them. Thanks for joining us at FBW this week - keep fluttering :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails