Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SSSC102 Pink Roses

Hi Everyone!  Sorry for the lack of posting lately, I'm trying to get back into some sort of routine with the kids going back to school after the Summer Break (not to mention floods) and I've had two sick kids over the last few days!  :(  We've also been keeping an eye on Cyclone Yasi which is starting to cross the Queensland coast as I type this - we have friends who have loved ones in the danger zone.  Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the north of our state who are in the path of this cyclone!

I made this card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge - loved the layout this week!!!  I've used some deep pink, light pink and white card and made the three panels up with the new Kaisercraft English Rose DP.  I had a lot of fun making up my focal panel - first I stamped the roses from JustRite's The Greatest Joy onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (RV000, RV32, RV34, G20, G21, G24) and then cut it out.  Then I stamped the frame from Fancy Labels in Memento Bamboo Leaves and cut it out (it matches the brand new Spellbinders Labels 18 Nestabilities!!).  Next I took another piece of deep pink and stamped the largest image from Fancy Frames in Versamark to give a decorative, yet subtle background.  Finished with a pink satin bow and some white pearls!

Stamps - The Greatest Joy, Fancy Labels, Fancy Frames (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Deep Pink, Pale Pink, White Bazzill, Kaisercraft English Rose DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories - Copics, Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Scissors, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

Jessie said...

Awww Kathy, this is beautiful!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the roses Kathy, they look great... and I love love love the new frames, very very very nice!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, this is such a beautiful card...awesome coloring!! I am sorry about your kiddos...sending healing prayer now and also sending prayer to those affected by Yasi, may GOD put is loving arm of protection around them! Thank you also for your sweet BD wishes...you are so sweet! Hugs, Sabrina

Marisa said...

Gorgeous frame for the roses and lovely DP. Glad you got a chance to stamp. Sorry to hear you have some sick kiddos :( Keesh is in Cairns and so I've been keeping an eye on what's up. Keep safe!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Kathy! Love the rose bouquet and wonderful dp. Hope things settle down for you soon!

Judy I, St. Louis MO USA said...

Gorgeous! Love those roses.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Kathy, I have been thinking of you with all the flooding and all that is going on there. Sorry to hear your kids were sick. Hope things settle down soon. Such an elegant card with the beautifully colored roses, the Kaisercraft paper and your gorgeous take on the sketch.

We have been snowed and iced in for the last few days. The weather has been incredible this winter here. Is it spring yet?

TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Gab said...

Beautiful card

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Kathy! Awesome job coloring the pretty flowers! Hope your babies feel better soon :)

Renkata said...

Kathy,
I can almost smell the gorgeous rosses.
Such an elegant card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Kathy! You guys enjoy the back to school and keep safe!

Leslie Miller said...

It's very pretty, Kathy! Your coloring of the roses is sublime. I hope you're staying safe. You've had some trying times with the weather, certainly!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh be still my heart!! This is so gorgeous!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Kathy. I hate when I don't have time to craft. Hopefully you will have it all figured out soon. :)
Hugs~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails