Thursday, February 10, 2011

A few RAKS to share

A few days ago I posted that February is very busy for our family with birthdays and an anniversary - well today is my birthday, so I get to share some of the beautiful RAKS that have made their way to my home!!  :)  The one above is from my wonderful and very talented mother!!!!  Didn't she do an amazing job with this card!!!!  LOVE YOU MUM!!!!!  :)

Next came this gorgeous card from my dear, sweet friend Pam!!  I just love the beautiful blues along withe the neutral tones and the over stamped image!!  Thank you so much Pam - I love it!!!!  :)

And this one comes from my friend and fellow Brisbaneite, Liz Webber!  Just look at this beautiful, rich and elegant card (love the pearl flowers!!!).  Thank you so much Liz, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!

I've had a fairly relaxed kind of day with a little shopping thrown in!  :)  The big excitement was finding out that I'm going to see WICKED in a couple of weeks!!!  ***SQUEAL***  Even better, we are going the night of our wedding anniversary!!  I hear the play is AWESOME!!!!!

Here's a funny story for you - my hubby says to me a few days ago "can you leave some craft stuff out on Wednesday?"........me - "Um, why??"........"the kids and I want to make you a card, so if you can leave some pre-cut bits out that would help".  OoooooK.  So I basically cut everything out, sentiment panel, spellbinders, punched border, lay out ribbon.  Too late Wednesday night he remembers..... "Ooops - forgot to make your card!"  GROAN!!!!  Needless to say, look out for a birthday card being posted here in the near future!!!!

Well that's all I have for you today, thanks for visiting!!  :)

16 comments:

Marisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so swamped with work (doing work for hubby's company) that I am way behind on my blogging etc. Hoping hubby puts those pieces you cut out to good use tomorrow - leave him a reminder note LOL! Wishing you a fabulous year ahead, Kathy. Hugest (((hugs)))

Liz Weber said...

Happy Birthday Kathy, sounds like it was a great day, glad you are going to see Wicked, I hear it's awesome. Loving the gorgeous cards your friends sent. Glad mine got there on time :-)

Woohoo Friday tomorrow, have a great weekend!

Carolyn said...

Hi Kathy, Happy Birthday!! You will enjoy WICKED! You're card givers have got awesome talent too!
Cheers!

Sharon said...

Hi Kathy,

Wishing you a wonderful Birthday and I can definately see where you get you card making talents from!

Sharon x

Edna Morrisedie said...

Happy Birthday My Friend, nice cards for your Birthday... WICKED is WONDERFUL, you will love it!

Auntie Em said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Love your beautiful cards. Very talented Mom and friends you have.
Got a chuckle out of the card kit! Hehehe!!! It's a wonder they didn't ask you to glue it together! :D Please post the finished creation!
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day! :o)

Julie Koerber said...

Happy Birthday dear lady!!! I hope it's the best! Sounds like you have a TON of fun headed your way!! ENJOY!

Marlena M. said...

Happy Birthday Kathy!

Judy I, St. Louis MO USA said...

Happy Birthday Kathy! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration. Can't wait to see the card your kids put together - maybe they could get your mom to help. Her card and the others were gorgeous.

pam124 said...

Happy Birthday Kathy. I see you uploaded some cards from family and friends. I'm glad yours got to you in time. I sent it early to make sure. I thought you'd like the shades of blue. My DH and son were supposed to do that also 2 x and I don't believe they ever did make a card. Have a great time at the show Kathy. Love ya my birthday girl!! P.S. Any new stamping supplies for b/day? Must always ask that question. You'd think we all had enough by now; but, we don't!

Renkata said...

Happy Birthday sweetie,
I am so happy that I came visit you.
Wish you all the best.
Very pretty cards.

Gab said...

Happy birthday Kathy! You got some gorgeous cards! You have some very talented family and friends!!

Denise Marzec said...

Eeeeeeek! I'm squealing with you. I looooooooved Wicked!! OMG, you're going to have so much fun. I'm totally JEALOUS!

BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to you, girlie. Mwah!

Betty Wright said...

Happy Birthday, Kathy! A stunning suite of beauties! Happy dancing for you with the WICKED tickets! Everyone who goes says it is amazing!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Happy Birthday Kathy. These are such wonderful cards and what a blessing to receive them. Hope you have a wonderful year filled with lots of joy.

Hugs,
Deb

Leigh said...

Happy birthday Kathy. Hope you had a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails