Sunday, February 13, 2011

FS210 Birthday Birdhouse

It's Sunday and that means it's Featured Stamper challenge time again!  This week the honour goes to Willow01 and I was inspired by her Love ya Bunches card.  I swear in the beginning it looked more like hers, but it kind of morphed into this!  :)  Obviously I changed a bit, moved the sentiment, changed the image, added a few layers, different sentiment etc...  This also qualifies for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge to cut it out.  Now you know I love to colour with my copics and how AWESOME are these new birdhouses by JustRite to play with!!!!!

I stamped the birdhouse and border from Birdhouses twice in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (B32, B34, G21, G24, Y21, YR24, B000, E51, E53, E55).  With one, I only coloured the birdhouse, cut it out and popped it up on foam tape.  It was cut out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with Olive card cut with Eyelet Circle Nestabilities.  The sentiment is made from stamping the frame from Fancy Tags (one of the new CLING sets!!!) in Memento Bamboo Leaves, the sentiment from Happy Everything in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out using the matching die, also from Happy Everything.

There's also a sale at JustRite - selected Cling sets are 25% off and there is also a RETIREMENT sale!!  Yep, some sets are retiring, never to be seen again, so if there's a set you've been dreaming of, now's the time to get it!!!


Stamps - Birdhouses, Fancy Tags, Happy Everything (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Aqua Bazzill, Old Olive, White, Jillibean Soup DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories - Copics, Happy Everything Die, Large Circle and Eyelet Circle Nestabilities, EK Success Embossed Curve Punch, White Lace, Blue Satin Ribbon, Blue Button, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Foam Tape, Scissors.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!

20 comments:

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Kathy! I love the tiny floral print that you've used as your background. These birdhouses really are adorable :)

Sharon x

Edna Morrisedie said...

Yeppers the birdhouse is a winner, and I love the tag for the sentiment too! Nice job with this card, I like the paper too!

Kerrie said...

Love the birdhouse, wonderful colouring and lovely dp... actually is a great card all round!

Renkata said...

Very beautiful card Kathy!

Joanna said...

Your card and coloring are
stunning!! Love the birdhouse and
the paper and birdhouse go together
so nicely.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful work! Love the way you have colored your birdhouse - the blue roof is wonderful! Lovely layout and pretty papers! Terrific job on the "Cut it Out" challenge! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Marisa said...

Now I'm totally ready for Spring to come!! Gorgeous colouring and card.

Lori Rider said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your paper, colors, coloring of that sweet birdhouse... and the way you popped it up is fabulous! Awesome job! Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

Michelle Woerner said...

Great job on the bird house -I love the blue roof!! Love this card. Hugs to you girlie!

Danni said...

Oh so pretty!!

Denise Marzec said...

Stunning, Kathy! Wowwwwie!

Diane Gilbert said...

Kathy this is beautiful, love the layout and the design! GORGEOUS work! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Gab said...

Such a pretty card!

Sherry Kushibab said...

I so enjoy seeing your work and follow your blog - I hope you will accept the 'Stylish Blogger' award I have for you at my blog. Thanks.

http://stampingcowgirlcreations.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathy
Love this card - the colours,the design and great colouring to showcase another beautiful stamp from JustRite. I so enjoy your work - you never fail to inspire me.
HelenA

Sharon Wheet said...

Kathy, your card is just so beautiful! I love all the blues and greens, they look so pretty together! Thank you for playing along in our challenge over @ OCC, and I hope that we see more of your work!

Debby said...

Kathy you have such a great eye for color combinations, love it as usual!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh my goodness!! What an adorable image and I love your pretty blue/green creation with it! Have a blessed week, Melisa

Wendy J. said...

OMGosh Kathy! I've been eyeing this stamp set since I saw it and you've really made it hard to withstand the temptation! This is just a gorgeous card. I love the colors and you've done a fabulous job with your copics. I see you're an instructor so that makes sense! Love how you cut out the birdhouse, it just pops! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us this week at Our Creative Corner! I'm going to keep an eye on you.

Sarah Gough said...

Just gorgeous, love the fresh colours! Thanks for playing along at Our Creative Corner, we love seeing your work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails