Sunday, September 20, 2009

C4C2 Masculine 18th...

Today's card is one I made for last week's Crazy 4 Challenges Sketch Challenge. It's been a busy week and this is the first chance I've had to join in. This card is going to a boy celebrating his 18th birthday who loves to play the drums. I've tried to keep it bold and masculine.
I started with a base of black bazzill, layered with white and red - which I pierced around the edge and then added four squares of Ebony and Ivory Kaisercraft DSP. The main panel has been stamped in Real Red using the JustRite 2" Center and Font Set to create a personalised greeting around the border. I then stamped the drums from Inkadinkado's Rock Star Set in Jet Black Stazon in the centre. I cut it out using the Large Circle Nestabilities and layered it on a piece of red cut using the Label 3 Nestabilities and popped the whole panel up. I finished off by piercing around the circle and adding some silver brads to the four corners of the card.
Stamps - 2" Center and Font Set (JustRite), Rock Star (Inkadinkado)
Paper - Black, White, Red Bazzill, Kasiercraft Ebony and Ivory DSP
Ink - Jet Black Stazon, Real Red
Accessories - Large Circle Nestabilities, Label 3 Nestabilities, paper piercer, mat pack, foam tape.
That's all for now, thanks for visiting!!! :)

9 comments:

StampOwl said...

oh this is fantastic, thanks for playing along with the C4C

Leigh said...

Another wonderful card using these gorgeous colours.

Danni said...

Very nice!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice and balanced, this was a great sketch very adaptable.... are you missing the Mighty Bombers and craving for a dash of red and black??? I am sure the drums will be much appreciated!!!

June Houck said...

I just bought Labels 3 last month, but have not used them yet. I love how you used the circle and Just Rite stamps inside of it. Red, b & w is one of my fave color combos...always classy. Thanks for the inspiration, Kathy!

Denise Marzec said...

Such classy colors, and I love the layout!

Lovely Linda said...

Kathy - you have done it!!! You have made the perfect teenage masculine card! Love this!! Your colours and image are great together! This is going to be a 'hit' (awwww - no pun intended! LOL!) Thanks for sharing - love it!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Amy Sheffer said...

This is faaaaaantastic, Kathy! Love how you personalized it with the JustRite stamps!

Unknown said...

:) GREAT card-- love the drums, and the red/black color scheme...bet the recipient loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails