Wednesday, September 23, 2009

C4C3 Butterflies for You

Today's card has been made for this week's Crazy 4 Challenges sketch challenge. I also kind of qualifies for Danni's Flutterby Wednesday challenge to use a butterfly or fairy and some sparkle. Now I know it doesn't look like it in the photo, but there is sparkle on that butterfly! :) This was actually a nice, quick card to make (after I took a little detour! *rolls eyes*).

I started with a base of Really Rust and layered with black and some yummy Graphic45 DSP - Baby 2 Bride Collection. Then the vertical strip is more black layered with more Graphic45, this time from the Botanicabella collection. I then stamped a different image, coloured it in and then realised that it was WAY too big for the panel I wanted to use and then started all over again! LOL! Then I stamped this flower image from SU's Friends 24-7 set and coloured it with markers (pumpkin pie and old olive). I cut it out using the Mega Curved Rectangles die set and then lightly sponged the edges while still in the die in So Saffron. The sentiment is from SU's Best Yet set and stamped in Jet Black Stazon. I then added a pumpkin pie Royal Butterfly punch that has been well sprayed with Wheatfields Glimmermist and finished off by adding some Kaisercraft Black Pearls to the body and under the sentiment and popped the entire white panel up on foam tape.

Stamps - Friends 24-7, Best Yet (both SU)
Paper - Really Rust, Black, Graphic45, White
Ink - Jet Black Stazon
Accessories - Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly Punch, Kaisercraft Black Pearls, Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities, foam tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

pretty card

Danni said...

This is beautiful! Love all the butterflies on it!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Lovely Linda said...

This is lovely Kathy - your colours are just perfect! Love that gorgeous butterfly!! Amazing isn't it how shimmer is so hard to capture on camera - sigh!! Love this card - elegant as always!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how pretty is this!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Minimal layers and a dash of black, always a good sign!! That card is about the colour of the thick layer of dust that is currently residing on my car... what a weird day of weather, still good for staying in and creating though, nice job, like the use of this sentiment in this way too...

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Card Kathy - don't you just love Graphic 45! I have some and I'm holding onto it - silly I know but can't bring myself to cut it ....yet!

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

June Houck said...

Oh, kathy, your card is elegant and lovely :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails