Monday, September 21, 2009

MTSC39 Thank You Mrs K!!!

Today's card has been made for my son's teacher who is leaving to go on Maternity Leave. (It is the end of 3rd Term for us in Australia and he will have a substitute teacher for the final term.) Normally I make thank you cards at the end of the school year - this one is just a little early. She is expecting her baby boy in 6wks time and we wish her all the best and our prayers will be with her! (Oh - and yes, I did spell her name correctly!! :) ) I was inspired by Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge this week - what a fab sketch!!!

I started with a white base, layered with Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red and some Bella Rose DSP. The vertical panel is more RHR with both sides punched with the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Punch and layered with more Bella Rose. The main panel has been stamped using JustRite Stampers 2" Center and Font Set - using the flower centre and creating a personal good-bye message for my son's teacher. It was all stamped in Jet Black Stazon, coloured with markers and cut out with Circle Nestabilities and mounted on RHR cut with Blossom Nestabilties. I finished off by adding some Kaisercraft Snow pearls to both the vertical panel and each side of the sentiment panel and using a 1" White Satin Ribbon across the bottom, creating the bow using my Bow Easy (I LOVE this tool!!! :) ).

Stamps - JustRite 2" Centre and Font Set

Paper - White, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Bella Rose DSP
Ink - Jet Black Stazon
Accessories - Markers, Blender Pen, Large Circle Nestabilities, Blossom Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Border Punch, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, 1" White Satin Ribbon, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

11 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

This is beautiful. I love the colors and she is going to love it. I haven't heard of Bow Easy before and will have to give it a try because your bow is gorgeous. Haev a great day !!!

Unknown said...

kathy...this is beautiful! gorgeous colors, dp, and yummy ribbon! love the border punch, too! amazing job!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Anonymous said...

Love this card!!! I really need to start using ribbon...makes it much more elegant! Thanks for sharing!

June Houck said...

Gorgeous! Every detail is perfect...the papers, elegant loopy border punch, the yummy satin ribbon...it's Just Rite :)

Danni said...

Another gorgeous creation! simply gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Girlfriend!! I just love your creations!! You sure do rock these Just Rite sets!! I love your dp, colors and all your details.

We need to talk girl. I sure miss you!!

hugs,
Chris

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Kathy. Love that gorgeous white ribbon.

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy - this *thank you* card is gorgeous!!! These colors are striking!!!! Perfect take on the Sketch!!! I bet the teacher love this card?!? Hugs ~S~

Edna Morrisedie said...

You do good stuff with this paper Kathy, I like the sentiment too and am sure it went down a treat... nice bow too, all white and all!!

Denise Marzec said...

Soooooo incredibly beautiful! Elegant, classy, STUNNING!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Awwww.....how sweet!!! And gorgeous too!!! Great big bear hugs to you, girl!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails