Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Fella!!!

Today is my Grandfather's 91st Birthday!!! He has always been 'Fella' to me - apparently it came about as a speech error when I was little and it stuck! :) I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful man for a grandfather who has always been a big part of my life.

I started with and Old Olive base (Fella LOVES green!!), layered with Chocolate Chip, White and a piece of Windsor Knot DSP. I then added a strip of striped Windsor Knot to the side and knotted some Certainly Celery twill (that my Bestie Pam124 sent me) around it. Underneath the knot I tucked a piece of white that has the sentiment from Warmest Regards (retired) in Old Olive and sponged with a bit of Close to Cocoa. (Don't faint Linda - I actually sponged!!! LOL!!) The main panel image is from For Father and stamped in Jet Black Stazon and coloured with markers. It's been cut out with the Lg Circle Nestabilities and mounted on a piece of Baja Breeze cut with the Label 3 Nestabilities. I've pierce around the circle and popped the whole panel up on foam tape.
Stamps - For Father, Warmest Regards (SU)
Paper - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White, Baja Breeze, Windsor Knot DSP
Ink - Jet Black Stazon, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa
Accessories - Label 3 Nestabilities, Lg Circle Nestabilities, Certainly Celery Twill, markers, blender pen, paper piercer, mat pack, sponge, foam tape.
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

11 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

How wonderful your Fella is 91!!! WOW!! How wonderful for your children to know him (my grandparents passed on before Daniel and Ryan were born). This is a terrific card and he will LOVE it! Hugs,

Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, you call him *Fella*....that's so cute! What an adorable card. I love that SU set, and I'm sure he'll ADORE it!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Happy Birthday Fella you fine old one!! Nice use of this image again Kathy, I am sure he will love this, nice colours too!!

Sharon said...

Really nice Masculine Card Kathy.
I know I'm not the only one that finds them a challenge! Great layout.

Jessie said...

Happy birthday to your Grandfather! He will love the card :)

Cat said...

How wonderful! Happy birthday to your Grandfather Kathy this card is just lovely he will adore it.:)

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so cute, great guy colors. He will love this, the stitching is a great touch around the circle as well.

Yvonne Hagane said...

Kathy, your cards are just so gorgeous! I love every single card you`ve created!!

Grace said...

Kathy what a wonderful card for your "fella"! I have always loved this set! Your coloring is perfect! How great that he's turning 91 and still an important part of your life! My Dad never lived long enough to meet any of his grandchildren... much less great grandchildren! Treasure every moment! Love your card! Love the two below too!!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

Very nice card for a very nice 'Fella'. Please tell him 'Happy 91st.' for me. I don't know him, but you speak so lovingly about him, I had to stop and comment!

PatM.

Leigh said...

Great card for 'Fella'. Hope he had a wonderful birthday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails