Sunday, September 6, 2009

FS135 - Birthday Blessings

Today is Father's Day and my DH took our boys out while I stayed home with our sleeping toddler girl - so I thought I'd have a look at the FS challenge. This week the honour goes to Lori McAree!!! Congrats Lori and enjoy your week!!! As soon as I saw THIS CARD I knew exactly what I wanted to do and it all came together pretty much as I imagined - don't you LOVE it when that happens??!! :) I've just realised this qualifies for this week's Flutterby Wednesday challenge to make a Birthday card with a butterfly or fairy!!! :) I was also REALLY happy to make something other than a Man Card!! :)

I started with a base of white and layered with some deep pink bazzil and some Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper. The main panel is from Our Daily Bread Designs' Happy Birthday set, stamped in Jet Black Stazon and coloured with markers and a blender pen. It was then cut out with Large Circle Nestabilities and mounted on a piece of white cut with the new Lattice Pendant by Spellbinders. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Stazon and cut with the Ribbon Tags Trio die set. The butterfly is from the same set, coloured with markers, cut and popped up on the sentiment panel. Then I put some white satin half inch ribbon through the die cut and attached it on top of some 1 inch deep pink satin ribbon at the bottom of the card. And, because I couldn't help myself, I finished by adding some Snow Kaisercraft pearls to the top corners!! :)

Stamps - Happy Birthday (ODBD)

Paper - White, Deep Pink Bazzill, Basic Grey Urban Prairie DSP

Ink - Jet Black Stazon

Accessories - Lattice Pendant die set, Lg Circle Nestabilities, Ribbon Tag Trio die set, Markers, Blender Pen, 1/2 inch white satin ribbon, 1 inch deep pink satin ribbon, scissors, foam tape, Snow Kaisercraft Pearls.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!! :)

7 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

So the pearls and pinks are back, good news!! Nice and classy card, dig the watering can and pendant combination and like the ribbon treatment too...

Danni said...

Ohhhh....I just love this!! That set is at the top of my wishlist! Just gorgeous and thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!
I don't think I'd fare well in Australia if Reece's and Dr. Pepper are hard to find..LOL! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Great pendant behind the image, awesome coloring! Happy FD down there. I had to remind myself where you were... I was like FS, I really do need some coffee this morning. LOL

Shawna said...

LOVE your card Kathy. That lacy background behind your focal image is perfect.

Michelle said...

Ok this has to be one of the most beautiful cards I've seen - ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! Your coloring is amazing and the details around your circle image - awesome! What a pretty butterfly on your sentiment label. So glad you played along with the FBW challenge this week - your card ROCKS!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous card - Kathy!!! I love how you used the ODBD set!!! The pendant die looks perfect in the BG!!!

Hope your hubby had a wonderful FD!??! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails