Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fan Fold Asian

If you stopped by the JustRite Font Hop last week, you would have seen that I made a 50th Birthday card for Kay. Well, I also had someone else ask for a card for the same lady and this is what I came up with. I decided to use the Fan Fold Flower Technique to also give this card an Asian feel. I am still away as you are reading this, but should be back in a couple of days! :)

I started with a base of red bazzill and layered with white and some Ginger Blossom DSP. The sentiment panel is more red, layered with white and stamped the personal greeting in Jet Black Stazon using the Times New Roman Font by JustRite. I also stamped the flower images from Artfully Asian in River Rock and coloured lightly with markers and a blender pen. I followed the tutorial to make the flower, using paper from Ginger Blossom and stamping the '50' using the same Times New Roman Font and the border from Tiny Words Set. I finished off with some black satin ribbon and some black pearls.

Stamps - Times New Roman Font (JustRite), Tiny Words Set (JustRite), Artfully Asian (SU)

Paper - Red, White, Ginger Blossom DSP

Ink - Jet Black Stazon

Accessories - Markers, blender pen, scallop punch, scallop circle nestabilities, black satin ribbon, Kaisercraft black pearls.

That's all for today, thank for visiting!!! :)

11 comments:

Danni said...

What a neat fold!! Very pretty card!

Michelle Woerner said...

Just beautiful love! That fan fold looks SUPER complicated -great job. I hope you are having a lovely time!

Connie M. said...

This is just so very pretty, Kathy!! What a great 50th b-day card...love your fan fold flower!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great, nice use of the DSP with the stamped images, flows well!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy - this is a beautiful birthday card!!! Love the folded flower!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty and a great fold. I like the dp you used, so summery feeling.

Karen L said...

Hi Kathy, You do not know me but I am a good friend of one of your relatives Jannett Humble. She has been raving about your cards and sent me a link, so I thought I would check them out. I have to agree with her - your work is just beautiful and very inspiring. Looking forward to following and seeing more of your lovely work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy!
I am Jannett Humble from Rockhampton.(June Shaw's daughter) We are 3rd cousins, twice removed or something like that, but I was talking to your Mum at our Great Aunts home in Maryborough last Wednesday when your Mum and her brother & sister were there visiting Aunty Grace & Uncle Shel. Your Mum told me you and her like making cards and all about your blog - hence here I am. I too love cards & scrapbooking but am only still at learning stage. I love your blog & the cards are beautiful. I will no doubt be following from now on. Hope to meet you one day in person. I have also passed on your blog site to a really good friend of mine who also blogs. Bye for now
Jannett

June Houck said...

Beautiful! Your fan flower is gorgeous, and a perfect accent for your asian papers.

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, this is fantastic!!! Wonderful colors patterns, medallion flower, and sentiment. Lovely card!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Kathy!! I just love all your layouts and designs!! You sure know how to personalize those cards and make them so elegant too!!
Beautiful my friend!!! I hope all is well with you. Missing you!

Hugs,
Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails