Friday, September 25, 2009

MTSC40 Flower for Silke..

Hello everyone! As you read this I have taken my kids out of town to see their grandparents, great-grandparents, cousins, uncle and aunt. It's the first time we've seen them all since Christmas, so I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time catching up!

Today's card was inspired by Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge 40 and the Flourished Timeless Tuesday Challenge 34. The Flourishes challenge is being hosted by my rockin friend Silke this week, so of course I had to give it a go!!! The challenge was to use misting on your image. Now I have never done this before, but I think it turned out OK?!

I started with a base of Very Vanilla and layered with Not Quite Navy (pierced all around the edge - I don't think you can see it very well) and some Bella Bleu DSP that my wonderful friend Pam sent me! The next layer is more Not Quite Navy that I've punched top and bottom with the Fiskars Lace Border Punch and then added three panels of Very Vanilla that were embossed using the Swiss Dots DF. On the main panel I've used the Penny Black 'Blush' Stamp, coloured with Not Quite Navy marker and then misted with water and then stamped onto Very Vanilla card and cut out with Label 4 Nestabilities. I then used a blender and Creamy Caramel to add a very light edge around the embossed section and also stamped the sentiment from Short and Sweet in Creamy Caramel. I popped this panel up on foam tape and finished off by adding some light cream satin ribbon and a couple of Kaisercraft Latte Pearls.

Stamps - Blush (Penny Black), Short and Sweet (SU)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Bella Bleu DSP
Ink - Not Quite Navy (marker)
Accessories - Label 4 Nestabilities, Fiskars Lace Border Punch, Swiss Dots EF, Blender Pen, Markers, Light Cream Satin Ribbon, Kaisercraft Latte Pearls, Foam Tape, Water Mister, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack.

Well that's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

14 comments:

Danni said...

Very, very pretty!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

All that blue, who would have thought?? Nice job with the technique, will you get addicted to silhouettes now? See you when you get back, E.

A Consuming Passion said...

Love the misting on your card it gives itan aged look!
The dp is gorgeous too! Hope you enjoy your trip!

Unknown said...

kathy...this is gorgeous! love the stark white with the blue...so classy and elegant! alos love the embossing and the border punches!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful, Kathy! I love this image...one of my favorites, and what a great layout and colors...thanks!

Grace said...

Absolutely beautiful Kathy... love the colors and great job with both challenges!

Stacy Morgan said...

So beautiful kathy, I love the colors and the textures you used. Just beautiful.

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Kathy - this is GORGEOUS!!! You are too sweet to me - he,he,he!!! I love how you misted this flower image and the colors with the Sketch are PERFECT!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Leigh said...

Beautiful as usual Kathy.

Marisa said...

This is beautiful, Kathy!! I just love that flower and the nestie shape you used to frame it. Great take on Mercy's sketch!

Connie M. said...

Oh so pretty, Kathy!! What a wonderful job on both challenges!!

jhet said...

Another lovely card, Kathy! How are you? Drop me a line when you get the chance. Chat with you soon! God bless you!

hugs,
jhet

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Kathy!!! Wonderful colors and design!!! Love the stamp misting with this flower!!! Lovely card!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Kathy!! Love the colors and design!! That flower is beautiful!! I am sure Silke loved this creation!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails