Monday, January 25, 2010

CCEE Sing For Joy

Today I got to play with the brand new ODBD sets which will be released on Feb 1st!!!  This one is called Sing For Joy.  Isn't this cardinal amazing (and it will be FAB for Christmas cards too!!!)  I used this week's sketch challenge by the CCEE girls.

I started with a base of dark green bazzill, layered with mid blue bazzill and pierced around the edge.  For the three panels required for the sketch challenge, I stamped the branch from Sing For Joy in Chocolate Chip on White and lightly coloured and then sponged all around it in Steel Blue ink.  In the spare corner I stamped part of the verse from the same set in Chocolate Chip.  The main Cardinal was stamped twice in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with markers (Artichoke, Cocoa, Real Red, Ruby Red, Basic Grey) and a blender pen.  One I cut out with Small Circle Nesties, the other I cut out the cardinal with scissors and popped up with foam tape on top of the circle panel.  This layer was matted with more dark green bazzill and I finished with a few tiny Red Kaisercraft Pearls.

Stamps - Sing For Joy (ODBD)
Paper - Dk Green Bazzill, Mid Blue Bazzill, White
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Markers, Blender Pen, Small and Large Circle Nestabilities, Red Kaisercraft Pearls, Sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Foam Tape.

Stop by the girls from the team and see all the stunning creations they are making with the four soon to be released sets!!!!

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!!  :)

19 comments:

Jessie said...

Another beauty Kathy and your right the cardinal is amazing, you coloured it perfectly!

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous card.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow is this ever pretty! I LOVE that cardinal. Great colors and corner embellishing too!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Bring on the BIRDS my friend, this card is tweet-tweet... twidly twidly tweet!

A Consuming Passion said...

Stunning Kathy!
I can picture the Christmas Cards too - maybe this year!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Kathy! Fab coloring!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Kathy.

Grace said...

This is gorgeous Kathy! I just love how you did the bg with the smaller pine and pine cone stamp! Great layout and coloring!!! I love it!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh My! What a gorgeous card! You did an amazing job coloring that cardinal! :) TFS

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful Kathy!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Kathy, this is so gorgeous!! Amazing coloring and the colors...perfect!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrna

Marisa said...

Wish we got these gorgeous birds in our neck of the woods. But at least we get have Blue Jays. Love how his tail hangs "out of the box". Great card.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kathy,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Danni said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous coloring!!

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Kathy.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - this is beautiful. I love the image and am looking forward to the ODBD new releases...I am loving what I have seen on the DT blogs so far! This looks great with the DP and your colouring is lovely! Well done Kathy - Thanks for sharing!! {{{hugs}}}

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I agree.. that is a beautiful image. And you have made such a gorgeous card using it.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kathy!! I love the blue!! Gorgeous coloring of your image and I love your use of the sketch!
hugs,
Chris

ChristineCreations said...

Oh this look so rich Kathy, and how you've used the pine cones is just wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails