Monday, January 18, 2010

SSS39 All Creatures Great and Small

Hello everyone!!  Today I was surfing around the net and decided to play The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge - SSS39.  This week, not only do you follow the sketch, the twist is to only have a sentiment as the focal point!  (Even better - there's a prize up for grabs this week too!!!  )  I thought of the new ODBD set Noah's Ark and this adorable sentiment!  :)  This was a great, quick, fun sketch to play with!

I started with a base of Bravo Burgundy and layered with pale pink bazzill and SEI First Kiss PP (double sided).  I then took the middle piece of paper and matted it with more BB that had been punched with the Fiskars Lace Border Punch.  The sentiment is from ODBD's Noah's Ark stamp set and has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut with Mega Long Rectangle Nestabilities and matted with some more BB.  Underneath the sentiment I knotted some pink/burgundy reversible ribbon and above the sentiment I punched two Martha Stewart Monarch Butterflies in pink and burgundy.  To finish I added a couple of Kaisercraft Rose Pearls to the top and bottom corners.

Stamps - Noah's Ark (ODBD)
Paper - Bravo Burgundy, Pale Pink Bazzill, White, SEI First Kiss PP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Punch, Mega Long Rectangle Nestabilities, Pink/Burgundy reversible ribbon, Fiskars Lace Border Punch, Kaisercraft Rose Pearls.

That's all for now, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

18 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the border punch you used for the black. Looks fabulous on the card and the butterfly is lovely! Great use of the sketch :D

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great Kathy, I like your paper selection... and sometimes it is nice to focus on the sentiment, so this was a good challenge for you to undertake...

Cute 'fly too!

A Consuming Passion said...

I really like your sentiment only cards and this one has the beautiful dp to make it stand out - Love to know who SEI is!!!
Great Card Kathy!

Ellen said...

This is so beautiful Kathy.

Hugs,
Ellenxxx

June Houck said...

Beautiful! The dark cs used for the elegant border punch and butterfly really make this pop. You are so very talented, my friend :)

linda said...

Love the look of your card! All the patterns go so well together!

Grace said...

This is so pretty Kathy! I love this dp and the black really makes it pop! I love focusing on the sentiment!!! Perfect for this great sentiment!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, great layout, dp and I Like the fringe to your panel.

KAY LONG said...

I really like the soft look of this card. Thanks for sharing.

America said...

Sooo Pretty! A great combo of DP for featuring sentiment!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oooohhhhhh, LOVIN' that DP!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love the dp and your layout on this card Kathy!! Way to highlight that verse!! Another gorgeous Kathy original!!
hugs,
Chris

Leigh said...

Absolutely gorgeous paper Kathy. Love your card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Kathy! Love the combo of papers and great punched borders.

ChristineCreations said...

Wow, the way you've done your paper it almost looks 3D Kathy!

Beautiful trim work too!

Laural-Lee said...

Ooh I really like that boarder punch you used and the contrast of the black with the beautiful paper.

Andrea said...

Stunning! Love the border punch and the beautiful paper!

Unknown said...

Wow! I see you've used the new line of papers of SEI. Didn't get the chance to work with them yet, but when I see your card, my hands itch!Thank you for playing with at The Sweet Stop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails