Monday, January 4, 2010

FS152 - Casing ardodd!

Today's card was made for this week's Featured Stamper Challenge.  The honour this week goes to ardodd and I was inspired by her Candy Dot Cupcakes card.  I changed the image, colours and added a few more layers!!  :)

The cross image I used is from the brand new January Release from Our Daily Bread Designs called Confirmation.  I started my card was a base of Bravo Burgandy and layered with some pink bazzill, white and two pieces of this totally luscious SEI paper also from Our Daily Bread Designs called First Kiss and Secret Rendevous.  Over the paper join I added more Bravo Burgandy that has been punched with the Fiskars Lace Border punch and then added some pink 1" satin ribbon.  The main panel is made of white card, cut with Label 8 Nestabilities and then sponged with Pretty in Pink ink and popped up.  On top of that is an oval of Bordering Blue that I got from my Bestie Edna.  The beautiful cross is from the Confirmation stamp set that I've stamped in Jet Black Stazon, coloured with markers and a blender pen and then very carefully cut out.  I finished by adding some white pearls to the top corners and each of the scallops of the border punch.

Stamp - Confirmation (ODBD)
Paper - Bravo Burgandy, Pink Bazzill, White, SEI Secret Rendevous and First Kiss
Ink - Jet Black Stazon
Accessories - Label 8 and Large Oval Nestabilities, Fiskars Lace Border Punch, White Pearls, 1" Pink Satin Ribbon, Scissors, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!!  :)

17 comments:

Anneke klerks said...

what a beauty

greetings anneke

A Consuming Passion said...

Such beautiful colours Kathy! Love the layers and punched border too!

Lovely Linda said...

HI Kathy - this is just gorgeous - and elegant (of course!) I love the colours you have used, they are rich and regal - perfect for this image, which I have to add is probably my favourite one of the ODBD new releases!! It is great to see you back at ODBD - you are so suited to their images! God bless you Kathy! {{{hugs}}}

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS, Kathy!....and I'm totally LOVIN' those SEI papers! I skimmed right down your post looking to see who makes it so I can get some. :)

Julia Aston said...

The grey oval sets off this image wonderfully Kathy - great colors on this card!

Grace said...

Just beautiful Kathy!!! I love the oval in the label effect! Great paper choices!!! Beautifully done!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Kathy! Wonderful colors and I like the scallop edge.

Danni said...

This is just so pretty! I just adore it!

Leigh said...

Kathy, you've made another gorgeous card. I really like the colour combination. This image is beautiful.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Is that Bordering Blue or Boring Blue... Well perhaps not in this case!!! Nice job with the new stamps, I like the pearls with that border punch too, that looks fabbo with the yummo papers!

Denise said...

Beautiful!! The pearls give it a very elegant touch.

Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful image and gorgeous card. Those colors are so beautiful and I love the layout/design.

Connie M. said...

This is just STUNNING, Kathy!! Love the masking you did here...really makes this image just pop off the page!!

Thanks for letting me know about my FTTC win too...I had not made it over there yet!!

Hugs!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Kathy!I just love your layout! The papers are gorgeous as is your masking!

hugs,
Chris

Renee said...

Beautiful Kathy!

Kelley said...

Love your card design! That oval really makes the image pop!!

jjcreations said...

Great case card. The colours you've used are so rich and vintage looking. I like the central image too - the cross is unique!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails